Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

FuzzFace

Quote from: Greeny on January 21, 2011, 03:24:01 AMHas anyone on here had any experience of Gretsch Sparkle Jets / Due Jets / Electromatics? I like this green sparkly one, which probably makes me a bit weird  :D

Greeny, you are really into the sparkles!  I think the green Gretch looks great.

I can't get this PRS out of my head ever since my shopping expedition Friday night.  I don't think I could love another guitar.  It's the least expensive of the PRS's.

I just read some of the comments above regarding PRS guitars feeling soul-less.  Obviously there is no accounting for taste, but this did not feel soul-less to me.  It's just a more complex soul.

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on January 26, 2011, 08:44:32 AMAs far as I know, Fender don't own Gretsch

You're right. According to WikiPedia, the Gretsch family still owns Gretsch Guitars. However, they reached an agreement with Fender in 2002 giving them most of the control over marketing, production and distribution of guitars.

Quoteand I've never seen an Epiphone Strat in my life.  ???

Neither have I. But it seems that quite a few Strat-like models were made by Epiphone. See this page: http://epiphone.3house.com/. Click on the links in the Models column to see pictures.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 26, 2011, 09:33:08 AMNeither have I. But it seems that quite a few Strat-like models were made by Epiphone. See this page: http://epiphone.3house.com/. Click on the links in the Models column to see pictures.

Well I never!!  There you go, an Epi Strat. That's gotta be one of the few guitars I've never seen 'in the flesh'. One to add to my I-Spy list.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

#gpmproject

those are my favourite - once - maybe - when I'll be adult ;D

FuzzFace

Quote from: lubo perunko on January 26, 2011, 10:42:47 AMthose are my favourite - once - maybe - when I'll be adult ;D

I have never test drove the Rickenbacker.  I love the style.  I ought to give it a whirl.

64Guitars

Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on January 26, 2011, 10:46:25 AMI have never test drove the Rickenbacker.  I love the style.  I ought to give it a whirl.

They're nice guitars but don't forget to rob a bank on your way to the music store. Have a look at this Rickenbacker Price List:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdfs/pricelist.pdf

The cheapest one has a suggested list price of $1,829 US. Average price is $2,979.

This one goes for $5,409:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

henwrench

I've been lucky enough to have extensively played a Ricky 12 string in the past. It was an incredible experience.... it was like playing a 6 string. It was Midnight Blue. Oh..........

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

FuzzFace

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 26, 2011, 11:16:47 AMThey're nice guitars but don't forget to rob a bank on your way to the music store.

You just reminded me why I never "went there".

...when my ship comes in...

#gpmproject

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 26, 2011, 11:16:47 AM
Quote from: Zen Master FuzzFace on January 26, 2011, 10:46:25 AMI have never test drove the Rickenbacker.  I love the style.  I ought to give it a whirl.

They're nice guitars but don't forget to rob a bank on your way to the music store. Have a look at this Rickenbacker Price List:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdfs/pricelist.pdf

The cheapest one has a suggested list price of $1,829 US. Average price is $2,979.

This one goes for $5,409:

no...I'm playing national lottery every week - wednesday, saturday - but I'm afraid that queue is too long...

Greeny

I've never understood the price of Rickenbackers - it would be nice if they threw a few budget models into their range. My oh my... the musical adventures I could have with a 12-string Rick, lol. Funny thing is, I've never seen a really positive review of Rickenbackers...