Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

AndyR

Quote from: chapperz66 on September 14, 2010, 02:00:00 AM... just the curves of the body, the feel of the neck and the sound of the voice.

This :)

I've just spent a few days getting back into some of my humbucking geetars (a Les Paul, an SG, and an Explorer with hottish P90-types)... very nice it was too, eventually... and at the end I picked up a strat again and the few days were wasted! :D

Incidentally, out of those, the SG is the one that feels most "natural" to me when I'm in one of these strat-moods like I am at the moment.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Flash Harry

It's arrived and it's gorgeous!

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Wartime Novelty

I currently have my eye on two guitars the first is the exact same model as what i have but in a nice red flame rather than the black flame i already have

and the other is something ive been looking for ever since i had to sell my Ibanez 1982 Rocket Roll

a classic shaped V with no pickguard, in white and with only a volume control

Before you wonder about the single control thing i have going on. It's because i never found the tone pot useful whatsoever so unwired them from my les paul and i found that this brightened the tone up a bit and gave it a sweeter edge.

So now i sware by it nowadays
Current equipment Ibanez RGA42FM with Bare Knuckle Miracle Man & Mississippi Queen, Marshall TSL601, Shure SM57, Line6 UX1, M-Audio MA30 monitors

AndyR

Quote from: Sir Harry Flashman on September 17, 2010, 08:41:47 AMIt's arrived and it's gorgeous!

Woo, nice one :)

I am almost GAS-less, I have all the guitar types I need for the moment. And my Variax bass is doing perfectly well for recordings... but I'm starting to get cravings for real ones of my favourite bass models... a Rick of some sort (think "Beatles" Paul McCartney's or Geddy Lee's, or "Deep Purple" Roger Glover's use of one), or... a Jazz

And that looks.. hmmm... woof!! :D

(By the way, the penny has only just dropped for me over your avatar and your user name - me and the missus have watched "The Belles of...", "The Pure Hell of...", and "Blue Murder at..." over the past few nights :D We've had them for ages, and watched them a fair bit, but I've not made the connection before)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

peterp

I thought I was mostly out-o-gas,
but now am thinking maybe a nice SG would sound really nice in the electric department.

And for next summer camping season would not mind trading in my current Fender CD-60ce campin guitar for a Martin DX-1 .

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

peterp

Oup's I did it again,
Or so the wife says.
Went and put out that GAS fire for a SG.

Picked up a Epi SG G-400

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Speed Demon

I want them all! Give me yours.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Greeny

Has anyone on here had any experience of Gretsch Sparkle Jets / Due Jets / Electromatics? I like this green sparkly one, which probably makes me a bit weird  :D

I'm not sure what sort of reputation the Gretsch solid-bodies have; they seem to be very much in the shadow of the famous Country Gentlemen, Chet Atkins and White Falcons etc.

SdC

Since Gretch=Fender, I can't imagine it being a bad instrument. It's Fender's way to make an LP copy similar to how Gibson uses its Epiphone brand to make Strat models....

recorder
Boss BR-600

henwrench

Quote from: SdC on January 21, 2011, 03:42:31 AMSince Gretch=Fender, I can't imagine it being a bad instrument. It's Fender's way to make an LP copy similar to how Gibson uses its Epiphone brand to make Strat models....

As far as I know, Fender don't own Gretsch and I've never seen an Epiphone Strat in my life.  ???

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR