Guitars you Want!

Started by Greeny, September 24, 2008, 09:56:01 AM

Boognish

I want all of 'em.  Just give me every guitar ever made.  I can't look through a guitar magazine without oohing and aahing on every other page. 
Okay to cover.

chapperz66

Quote from: SteveB on April 02, 2010, 02:29:11 PM
Quote from: chapperz66 on March 19, 2010, 05:28:47 AM
Quote from: SteveB on July 02, 2009, 06:10:57 PMLarger version of my Avatar. Eric Clapton Fender Strat - must be Candy Apple Green.

Hi Steve - do you mean like this one? I was told the colour is called 7-up green.  I got this second hand about 10 years ago.  I spotted it in a music shop window as I was driving past.  I had to stop at a set of traffic lights, glanced across and spotted it.  It's a very nice guitar and you're right - a col colour.[img][img]

CHP66 - Sorry for delay in reply (Domestic issues). Well, wow. I think that must be the brightest Green-coloured guitar I've ever seen!? Is it a Clapton? Has Tim Green of this Forum seen your photo?

Hi Steve - yes its a Clapton signature strat, eighties model with the lace pickups.  I've replaced the scratchplate with a tortoiseshell one which I think looks realy good (don't worry - I've kept the original).  I'm not sure if Tim's seen it. 

Paul

AndyR

Quote from: Ted on March 04, 2010, 12:52:32 PM
Quote from: AndyR on March 04, 2010, 06:25:08 AM
Quote from: Torren61 on February 15, 2010, 11:32:14 AMI'd really like to try a Burns Brian May Red Special and a Fender Jaguar. 

My wife got me a Red Special for Christmas - they're not made/marketed by Burns any more, but "Brian May Guitars".

For a "mid-price" instrument (as in not cheap, but not high-end either), it's a very classy guitar. Through an appropriate amp (I'm using a Vox AC4TV) it's instant Brian May.

You'll find it hard work forcing yourself to play anything other than Queen stuff to start with though!!

I must hear you play this guitar!  Pick a backer, and have some fun with it.

Well, I ended up using it on my first effort on my new BR1600 (I'll be posting it as soon as my laptop finishes backing up the BR1600 and gives me back my USB ::))

I was just using the onboard amps on the BR, but it turns out that it is a STUNNING recording guitar...  ;D

I'll stick a link here to the thread when I've posted...

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=6869.0
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

guitarron

i love the neck on the EC strats-my 79 hardtail has a similar feel to it

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

AndyR

I want some more Roadworns...

I've got one of the 60s strats - and it's my #1 guitar. I had to get over the worn side of things at first, but it is such a killer guitar for feel and tone.

I tried one of the 50s teles a year ago... wish I'd bought it, it was as good to play as my strat, but I can't justify owning another tele at the moment...

And I managed to restrain myself from trying one of the 50s strats the other day! :D
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Saijinn Maas

Getting a bad case of GAS again...

Richie Kotzen Fender Telecaster!!!   :o

QuoteThe Fender Kotzen Richie Kotzen Signature series Telecaster features a light ash body with quilted maple cap, a maple neck with satin finish, 22 jumbo size frets, 1x Di Marzio Twang King in the neck position and 1x Di Marzio Chopper T pick-up at the bridge, Gotoh Pearl Peg Head tuners, gold hardware. The guitar is Japanese made rather than being a Fender USA instrument however if anything the quality is better and the price much more realistic than many USA signature editions

There is a pickup phase knob that lets you choose FAT or bright/out of phase tones. You can also use both pickups together. This is a versatile guitar capable of playing anything from metal to jazz and certainly far more flexible than your standard issue Fender Telecaster. The phase control, custom pickups and fat neck have made it enormously popular with many guitarists and the guitar is highly rated on websites such as Harmony Central.

guitarron

Thats a seriously nice plank
i especially like the frets and binding
i have a 50's tele (jap)-i removed the pick guard because i like the look of the wood underneath -i'll post a pic later
it has the same 2 color sunburst
i put a seymour hot stack in the bridge position-rocks hard but cleans up nicely

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

I'm liking the look of this new Fret-King guitar (UK brand). It's in their 'stvdio' range and is called a 'BT Evocation' I think.  doesn't even have a price yet. Will be keeping my eye on it though...

Flash Harry

That's a dirty peice of nasty wood Tim

It even has a moutache and a goatee
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

AndyR

I keep looking at this pic Tim... I'm in two minds:

a) It does look quite cute
b) I don't really think it works for me (it's like when people first got word-processors and they started creating letters/documents with 5-10 different fonts on each page! :D)

I do like the look of it... but hmmm...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on