Main Menu

Here,s a Jig

Started by SE, July 18, 2010, 04:55:51 PM

SE

Hi thanks everyone ,just a bit of fun, not big on musical theory, Jig was referring to dancing.
The acoustic sound is from my old Tanglewood electro acoustic, it,s just had a new piezo pick-up, strings and set up. I too was getting problems recording my acoustic, so now I plug straight into my MBR, I then change the effects from guitar to mic and use  the Far Distant patch, When I,ve  finished recording, give it a tweak in mastering, using Premaster, usually, up the mid and high range to 2dB.

Hope this helps,

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

cuthbert

Wow, great tone! That's some serious picking - a bouncy jig or reel, whichever it may be. Even listening makes fingertips sore.  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gnasty

Damn Aces SE!!!

Love this kind of foot stompin guitar!!!

It be the greatest drinking music in the world i say! ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Redler

Brilliant instrumental tune, SE!!! I found a tiny Irish vibe on this...maybe Flogging Molly could make a big hit out of this :) . Fine Job!!

kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

A bit of fiddle on this and a few background 'whoops', and you'd have a full-on, demented jig. I like the intensity of the guitars. It's sounding really, really good. And it's probably inspiring others to have a go too! Great work.

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: side effect on July 19, 2010, 04:00:41 PMHi thanks everyone ,just a bit of fun, not big on musical theory, Jig was referring to dancing.
The acoustic sound is from my old Tanglewood electro acoustic, it,s just had a new piezo pick-up, strings and set up. I too was getting problems recording my acoustic, so now I plug straight into my MBR, I then change the effects from guitar to mic and use  the Far Distant patch, When I,ve  finished recording, give it a tweak in mastering, using Premaster, usually, up the mid and high range to 2dB.

Nice work John, your recording technique here is excellent, the guitars come out beautifully. And a nice piece of music as well. Thanks for sharing the music and your explanation of how you did it.

Cheers,

Nigel

launched

Wow, great playing, John! I'm all over this!

Rewind!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover