Here,s a Jig

Started by SE, July 18, 2010, 04:55:51 PM

SE

Hi thanks everyone ,just a bit of fun, not big on musical theory, Jig was referring to dancing.
The acoustic sound is from my old Tanglewood electro acoustic, it,s just had a new piezo pick-up, strings and set up. I too was getting problems recording my acoustic, so now I plug straight into my MBR, I then change the effects from guitar to mic and use  the Far Distant patch, When I,ve  finished recording, give it a tweak in mastering, using Premaster, usually, up the mid and high range to 2dB.

Hope this helps,

John
recorder
Boss BR-80

cuthbert

Wow, great tone! That's some serious picking - a bouncy jig or reel, whichever it may be. Even listening makes fingertips sore.  ;)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Gnasty

Damn Aces SE!!!

Love this kind of foot stompin guitar!!!

It be the greatest drinking music in the world i say! ;D

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Redler

Brilliant instrumental tune, SE!!! I found a tiny Irish vibe on this...maybe Flogging Molly could make a big hit out of this :) . Fine Job!!

kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

A bit of fiddle on this and a few background 'whoops', and you'd have a full-on, demented jig. I like the intensity of the guitars. It's sounding really, really good. And it's probably inspiring others to have a go too! Great work.

Ferryman

Quote from: side effect on July 19, 2010, 04:00:41 PMHi thanks everyone ,just a bit of fun, not big on musical theory, Jig was referring to dancing.
The acoustic sound is from my old Tanglewood electro acoustic, it,s just had a new piezo pick-up, strings and set up. I too was getting problems recording my acoustic, so now I plug straight into my MBR, I then change the effects from guitar to mic and use  the Far Distant patch, When I,ve  finished recording, give it a tweak in mastering, using Premaster, usually, up the mid and high range to 2dB.

Nice work John, your recording technique here is excellent, the guitars come out beautifully. And a nice piece of music as well. Thanks for sharing the music and your explanation of how you did it.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Wow, great playing, John! I'm all over this!

Rewind!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover