Here,s a Jig

Started by SE, July 18, 2010, 04:55:51 PM

SE

DFOLK_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been out for the day and had a few beers and felt like a little dance.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

ive been working all day am completely sober and no beer in the fridge, bah humbug.

great stuff john.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Thanks Jim, need to put my head on a pillow.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Thats the goods, I love this kind of stuff, bloody hard too.  I fool around with it but, this sounds good, real good.  Good drunken jig.  The pillow time jig.  Nice one, really nice one.  Your timing is spot on.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ok I'm halfway there. I've had a little jig but the beer will have to wait 'til later. Good fun stuff I've had the staff do ce doing round the theatre (hospital) having a good time.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Donkeydoo

Great tune and playing.  Bit like Bron-Yr-stomp by Zep.  How did you record it? Can't seem to get the accoustic guitar recording this good on my MBR and external microphone.

chapperz66

Doesn't a jig have to be in 3/4?  I would have called this a reel.  "OH SHUT UP CHAPMAN!!!!!" I hear you scream... :)

Great guitar tone.  I would also love to know how you recorded that as I struggle to get that level of clarity from an acoustic.

Paul

chapperz66

My sometimes-dancing daughter has just corrected me.  Although usually in 6/8 a jig can be in 2/4.  So that's clear then.....

Paul

I may be wrong but I thought reels were measured in pints and jigs in shots.   ;D   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

Quote from: Willie Wendon on July 19, 2010, 09:11:16 AMI may be wrong but I thought reels were measured in pints and jigs in shots.   ;D   Willie

and after a few of either, it hardly matters.