Stand Back and Watch The Car Crash

Started by SE, July 16, 2010, 05:43:54 PM

Nelson

Great job, S-E.
It's usually a good idea to let the song take you where it wants to.
you may not understand it at the time but you may in up with musical gem...as you have.
Well Done...

-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Geir

Great song John.

Love that bass too and your vocals are as always stunning tho this time a bit different from your usual stuff. I too can see this as a soundtrack song to a movie.  

Love it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

T.C. Elliott

I really love that stereo image on the bass line/rhythm line that goes all right side on the last beat.  I'm listening with headphones today on a friends laptop, and Im super glad I did. Excellently done.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SE

This all started with a little bass riff, the last note of that riff is an open E panned at 25 on the left, think is works quite effectively,the rest are effects from my Yam keys, the thinking behind the tune as always came last.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts, at the start of this I thought, what the f*ck am I doing, but in the end up I,m really pleased.

As always thanks
                                                                               John
recorder
Boss BR-80

djbride

I really love the bass on this.
Vox work nicely with the bass, keys and effrects.
It's a good thing to let the song take you where it wants when you are writing  it sure worked out well for this song.
Nicely done.

Dave
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

cuthbert

That's one mighty bass line, John!  8) I also dig the sweeping synth pad that goes along with it.

Without dark, there is no light.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman_1957

Excellent John, a superb piece of original work. Sometimes the best works start out with no clear idea of where they are going but end up somewhere you didn't know you wanted to go! This just grabs you straight away with that simple, but incredibly effective bass riff. The panning is a touch of brilliance as well. And this is so moody and atmospheric, it is just great!

This reminds me a lot of Sly and Robbie's (well I guess more Robbie's) work on stuff like Nightclubbing and that's a real compliment in my book. This ain't no car crash!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

Thought I'd posted on this but seems like I missed it. Now that have been a shame because that bass line just fills my head and yes you're right, the music leads. We just follow. Top notch song.....Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Kenny B

Very Very Cool and Addictive ... Dig the open E ... DIG IT!!!

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR