Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

elvis aaron bowie eat yer heart out
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Greeny

Oh my word! This is fab. Wonderful bass as expected, but I love the whole open, uncluttered arrangement of the new version - subtle, classy and fresh. And the sci-fi synth solo is inspired. We want MORE!

cuthbert

My my, this is fine Mike!

An excellent remake, quite different than the original (which I also like very much), more minimalist in the mix (a good thing). And you can't go wrong with theremin-esque synth sounds!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

dasilvasings

This is the firts time i hear both versions and they are both great... but the last with its bass and synth, is just terrific!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

It's cool to compare the two versions. That bass is killer on the second version and the vocal delivery is so laid back and cool sounding that it's hard to beat. But I miss those guitars on the original version. Yeah, the original mix was less clear and the vox was too far down but it had that bit of.... rawness that was cool. Then again the second one really shows off the lyric... daaaang, two good versions of a pretty darn good song.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Geir

I think he's running a multinational intranetwebbythingy music business ...... don't suppose he's got any time to hang around here then .....  ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Redler

Nice bump!! The lead guitar additions sounds fab!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnny Robbo

Glad this one got bumped. It's got a lovely "indie" feel to it... almost a bit like The Smiths in places - certainly in terms of the texture. Love the layered guitars. Just get those vocals further forward in the mix & it would be perfect.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk