Vote for the next festival (July/August 2010)

Started by 64Guitars, July 12, 2010, 12:05:49 PM

Greeny

The Beatles are winning by +1 vote now

It's weird how tactical voting veers wildly in the last few days before the cut-off!

Geir

Oh no ... Not no 1 anymore. Summer songs int the lead. .... well I guess It's Summertime ::)

EDIT: Now Beatles are no 1 .... as they should be ;D  ... I dig it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

Summer... vying for top-spot with the Beatles. This is like Whacky Races!!!!!

Btw, this is how NOT to do a summer-themed song, lol. My GREAT hero Marc Bolan making a total lyrical arse of himself. 'Summer's not a bummer / it's a stunner / and it's now'  ::)

We can do better than that can't we?!

Still a damn catchy tune though. And no-one else could get away with wearing leopard print like that, lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSPFaUZQGQc

Greeny

Just realised the bassline at the start of that is exactly the same as 'Neat Neat Neat' by the Damned...

launched

You guys really want a Beatles Fest? I'll change my vote if I can be convinced of why we should have one! :)

And where is the rule description for what a summer song really is? I don't want to find out after the fact that I have to use a f*cking kazoo or something.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gu Djin

Well seeing as I wanted comedy/ parody etc.  and it's no longer in the running.  I still want a comedy theme and I'm ***** if I'm going to do "Maxwells Silver Hammer" - so my votes switched  to summer songs. 

Summer in the UK is a joke isn't it?
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Greeny

Quote from: Gu Djin on July 15, 2010, 07:41:23 AMSummer in the UK is a joke isn't it?

Usually, yes. This year's has been one long sun-fest so far though. Well it has down South.

1976 was a scorcher too, lol. Everything inbetween hasn't been very memorable!

I already did an English summer kind of song... 'Our English Coasts': "It's supposed to be our summer / but the sunshine hasn't deigned to do it's thing".

Greeny

Quote from: launched on July 15, 2010, 07:30:15 AMAnd where is the rule description for what a summer song really is? I don't want to find out after the fact that I have to use a f*cking kazoo or something.

Like Christmas songs... stick fucking sleigh bells on, and it's a Christmas song... lol

Geir

here is the rule description for what a summer song really is:

* The title MUST contain the word summer, rain or thunderstorm
* Only grumpy songs allowed
* You have to use a f*cking kazoo
* No bass allowed
* If harmony vox are used they must be BTBB (better than Beach Boys)
* You cannot use verbs with more than 3 letters
* You must smile while recording.
* Posting of songs not accompanied by pics of blondes will be deleted !!
* 4/4 is not allowed (3/4 only by dispensation (application form found in the basement) )
* If you have any four-legged creature in your houshold, you must stand on one leg when recording.
* Sweedish, Finnish and Urdu are the only acceptable languages  
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........