We'll Make it Right

Started by indierik, July 12, 2010, 01:16:00 AM

Gritter

Great collab! I like the feel...it reminds me of U2/Coldplay in a good way.

Redler

Fine tune erik and great lyrics/vox by James!! Very beautiful and melodic! Well arranged and produced - I like the guitar and bass sounds!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

The lyrics and the vox really complete this tune, Jim. Good stuff!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

indierik

Jim, the more I listen to this the more I like it. I just wanted to let you know.

Thanks to the rest of you for all your kind words.

Greeny, you always do wonders for my confidence as a musician without sounding fake about it. Seriously, thank you!!!

Gritter- I don't mind the U2/Coldplay reference, they are both very talented bands.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

OsCKilO

This sounds like it should be in the Charts....

Love the way this all weaves together!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

chapperz66

Great collab guys.  Well worth spending a bit more time on - although it's pretty good as it stands.

Paul

Jim1970

cool tune. When it kicked in, it has a Great U2 feel to it then it goes Somewhere even more Cooler!!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

Thanks Jim, Paul and the rest of you. ORH did a fantastic job on this one, really brought it to life.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Ferryman_1957

Erik, this sounds great as always. Nice combination of guitar parts with a great build and memorable melodies. It has a good positive vibe, your direction with this one is spot on. Only advice I would give is about the mix, although I know this is an early version. It sounds a bit unbalanced to me with too much in the RH channel, I would move the bass dead central after the first few bars when it is echoing the guitar on the left, but once more guitars come in IMO the bass should be anchoring the mix in the middle. The drums are a bit lost but i know you say you will redo them.

Jim's vox sound great, although there is a bit of clipping. It's an issue with the MBR that when you sing loud it's sometimes hard to get it far enough away from you! With a slightly tweaked mix and a declipped vocal I think this would be worthy of a Nevermet posting if that doesn't compromise what you plan to do with the Bolder Park version.

As always, a great song with wonderful guitar parts. Keep working on it!

Cheers,

Nigel 

indierik

Thanks for the advice Nigel. The drums will definitely need to be fix. I like your idea for the bass being more centered. Question: with the MBR is there a way to mix it so in the beginning of the song the bass is mixed more to the right channel then bring it back to center as the song goes on? I probably should take the bass down a notch as well.

I should have a new mixed version of this soon, if my MBR will stop showing the DRIVE BUSY warning. Arghhhh!!!
-Friedrich Nietzsche