"Mystical Catfish Call"

Started by Satchwood, July 03, 2010, 01:29:37 PM

Satchwood

Satchwoods_Mystical_Catfish_Call
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Happy Summer, Happy Canada Day, Happy 4th !!   I've been doing some fishing with my son and we caught 2 huge catfish last night in a local urban lake ~ great father and son bonding.  ...also some inspiration for a new mystical song:

Mystical Catfish Call
words & music by Tommy Satchwood c2010, all done on MBR

[reverbnation]4469747[/reverbnation]

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Gnasty

Glad you had that bonding with your son..Superb!!  I have to tell you that i do hate catching catfish though. They are like carp to me. I chuck them! Damn things are sharp too so you need gloves to handle them.

But anyways, this is a really cool tune. It sounds very water like and bubbly. Glad your singing more too. Great tune for on the fly. ;)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

SE

Great guitars and love those vox, really suits the guitar sound this is just an excellent listen, well played    Tommy.
recorder
Boss BR-80

OsCKilO

This is Superb on every level Tommy!

You have taken the Guitar to a new level on this!
I adore those litle lead lines scattered about everywhere. Like little flecks of light on a lake!

You caught a massive song here!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

T.C. Elliott

I love the depth of this one and those guitars really almost make it sound like underwater effects, but it's so much better because it isn't effect but real playing. It kind of reminds me of some of the middle parts of Jimi Hendrix' "Electric Ladyland"... Mermaid or something like that.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Satchwood

Hey thank you for the comments and the cool catfish pictures !!   Tharek that is a catfish-whale bro!  My 12 year old son will love that picture, and the funny one that you posted Gnasty!   Thanks for the reference to Jimi, TC !

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

cuthbert

Cool song, Tommy - very dream-like and swirly guitar and vocals!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Donkeydoo

Satch this is really good.  Trouble is i have only 6 fish left in my pond after a Heron strike.  Now if I had a cat fish would they still nick them? Going by the size of these photo's my pond ain't big enough. Brilliant music as always.  I have a peaceful mind now, despite no fish.

Satchwood

Thank you fellow musicians..!.!.. this is def a mystical.... magical....kinda.... tune...... prob has quite a few meanings...... ;)

launched

Fantastic, bro!!! I love this - It sends the listener twirling through space and time!

You really get going on some unique runs. I love when that happens.

Sweeeeeet!!!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover