'The Wasted and the Damned' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, June 21, 2010, 04:00:59 AM

Greeny

01_TIM GREEN_The Wasted and the Damned
Time:
0:00
Volume:
All done by me on the MBR. I was very pleased with how this turned out  :)

Oldrottenhead

mmmmmmmmm its a sunny greeny monday morning and ive wangled a day off, bliss. another belter greeny.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gu Djin

Makes the the day seem good listening to this.  There is something in here that reminds me of the very best of the "other" Sounds that emanated from the Mersey.  Brilliant
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Speed Demon

I like this one, Greeny. You did a hell of a job on it. A compelling story put to music.

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

launched

I would be proud of this one, too, Tim! Listened to it a couple times already and it's going in the PiePod!

Love it!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Jim1970

Great Song Tim!!!
You have been reinventing yourself and I am Loving it!!
Great tune to Start off my week!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Quote from: Greeny on June 21, 2010, 04:00:59 AMI was very pleased with how this turned out 

And so you should be. Easily your best song and as I'm sure you know, you're only as good as your last song. Fuc*ing brilliant, Tim!!

I'd really appreciate it if you could spill the beans on your vocal settings. I love the slighty 'hard' sound you get. It really helps in making every word clear. Take it easy, Greeny....

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

I love how this builds and builds until that really groovy solo then the end.  Super solo Tim, that is bottled emotion spilling forth if I ever heard it, positively dripping with attitude.  Yeah I agree with Henny, your vocals are so fine on this one.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on June 21, 2010, 09:16:15 AM
Quote from: Greeny on June 21, 2010, 04:00:59 AMI was very pleased with how this turned out 

And so you should be. Easily your best song and as I'm sure you know, you're only as good as your last song. Fuc*ing brilliant, Tim!!

I'd really appreciate it if you could spill the beans on your vocal settings. I love the slighty 'hard' sound you get. It really helps in making every word clear. Take it easy, Greeny....

henwrench

Cheers! I was enjoying your new album this weekend. 'Your Charms' and 'The Flinlock, the Musket and the Dead Chicken' are the big stand-out ones for me. And 'Once more round the Block' of course, lol.

There's no great secret to my vocals. I pretty much always record the lead vocal using the 'OnBoard 1' patch. It only has a little reverb and minimal delay, so tends to sound fairly natural. I tend to increase the reverb to the mid twenties on the track setting. Apart from that, it's recorded at full volume with no tinkering.

Backing vox normally have a 'softer' setting as a contrast - either 'For Nylon' or 'VocalDelay 1'.

A lot of it is just getting used to the right / optimum distance from mouth to mic.

This one starts in a lower register because it builds up higher as it goes along. So it sounds a little bit different I guess.

Shame about the footie on Friday. Bring on Wednesday!

OsCKilO

This Just Builds and Builds into a magnificent beast!

I'd be over the moon if I made this!

Back of the bus you say?

This one always made me laugh... ::)

Must be "exhausting", with that utility belt on all day...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy