Wilderness Years

Started by JMD2010, June 16, 2010, 01:14:47 PM

lg

Oh Hell Yes, Dylan re-born!!!!
God, I love this....
I am an instant fan of yours....
Please more!

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

JMD2010

Thanks to everyone for listening to " Wilderness Years".
This song was recorded on a BR-1200.
Although I don't consider myself a musician I did play all the instruments myself with the exception of the drums.
The drum track was programmed using the BR-1200's internal drum machine.
The guitars are a Telecaster and a Jazz Bass and the organ sound was provided by a Yamaha PSR-S500.
The microphone was an inexpensive Shure pg58.

John

Bluesberry

Another BR-1200 user, excellent machine.  Thats what I use for my songs, that and my microBR.  How did you do the drums, did you puts effects on or anything, they really sound good, like real live mic'd drums. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

Yep - it's a great tune!

You've got a little bit of a mix between Dylan, Springsteen and R.E.M all wrapped up in this gem.
This is a real radio-friendly tune man.

Well written, played, sung and produced.
Sounds great!!

P.S. - Great first post & welcome to the site! Enjoy yourself! Can't wait to hear some more of your music.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Tony W

I read that non-musician statement a couple hours ago, when I couldn't listen. The rest of the comments indicated otherwise, and I'm inclined to agree with everyone else. This is a rock solid piece of music.

We're going to form a mob to find out how you got those drums to sound so rich and realistic.

Every aspect of this song is somewhere between great and fantastic.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mike skliar

great stuff-- absolutely you were channeling a bit of that 'highway 61/blonde on blonde' 1965-66-era Bob Dylan, (a big influence on me as well) with a bit of perhaps john fogarty and others in there too.... all very well done!
to kick this up even further, you might want to consider some more unusual and outrageous imagary/rhymes.. great job tho!

hope to hear more of your stuff here!

mike

dasilvasings

Excellent! Love the organ!

Oh! and welcome!!!
recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Quote from: Tony W on June 16, 2010, 09:07:37 PMEvery aspect of this song is somewhere between great and fantastic.

Ditto

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Have to agree with the dillon singing style and springsteen vibe. Your a way better singer though.

great production fo sure!

Welcome to the forum.

Great first post!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Frank53

Excellent work, John. Well written, and nice production.
Oh, and welcome aboard!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.