Main Menu

Be True

Started by Bluesberry, June 13, 2010, 11:30:39 AM

Redler

Absolute stunnig song, Dave!! You're multi talent; you manage all instruments, performing, producing and songwriting. I love this beautiful and harmonious song! The harmonica solo is just top class!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Vanncad

One of your best for sure BB.

Listened at luch time today, and just had another listen.
This could easily fit on any classic album from the 70's.

I like the message in the lyrics, and I think this one really fits your vocal style well. The doubling really adds a nice depth to the song.

You're a one-man band dude!! Great playing on everything (especially the solo at the end)!!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

Thanks everyone.  I have had so much fun reading all these great comments I forgot to leave a comment thanking everybody.  As for the mix/recording I was trying to make this one sound as warm as I could, that was the goal, to cover you all in a nice warm Alt.Country blanket of love.  The song is a love song for my family, how I feel after spending a wonderful weekend with my family, and the good memories of the weekend still on my mind as I head off to work on Monday morning, that was the idea I had in my mind.  I feel like I have achieved something with this one (what the hell can I do next, I am all tapped out), and that is a great feeling.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SwanSong

DAVE.
VERY well done song. totally agree with all above comments
not much words can say now. except awesome. TC NEIL..

Jim1970

You had my full attention right from the Start of this Beautiful Song!!!
Your music is always great but you have taken it to the next level!!
Love the harmonica, Great Lyrics, Great Song!!
JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Holy sh*t. That intro gave me shivers! What a lovingly constructed and expertly performed song. The harmonica is like some lovely icing on top of all that lush guitar. I loved the restrained tone of the outro solo; it really sings. I'd have been happy with another minute of that! Everything is so clear. And there's a chord change and little riff on the bridge that simply couldn't be bettered. Wow!

Donkeydoo

Man this is great but then again I could say that about all your songs.  Gonna have to go through your stuff so a few songs might have to be bumped.  Like Neil young but its got it's flavour.  Wonderful guitars.

Kenneth

It's interesting how you find the best in everyone else's music, when all your productions are always top notch in creativity, playing, changes in structure and lyrics.
I can see a lot of thought & work goes into your songs.

Your a pro Dave.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Rickocaster

Great song, Dave. Deep, authentic lyrics. Your harp playing is amazing. Great lead solo at the end. Enjoy your stuff!
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

thetworegs

A thing of beauty Dave excellent song....the real thing
Quote from: Greeny on June 21, 2010, 09:44:08 AMHoly sh*t. That intro gave me shivers! What a lovingly constructed and expertly performed song. The harmonica is like some lovely icing on top of all that lush guitar. I loved the restrained tone of the outro solo; it really sings.

If Life is a dream then use your imagination