Trick Of The Light

Started by SE, June 06, 2010, 04:54:20 PM

flyon90

Nice atmospheric song, I think it has a cool retro 80's vibe too.

launched

Wee tune my ass. This is fantastic, bro!!

You have one of the best voices I've heard - I'd trade with you in a minute!

Fantastic production too. You're really getting good at dialing in your vocals. Great job with that.

All in all, Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

T.C. Elliott

Not bad for a fellow who can't play keys and is just mucking about. Wish my mucking would sound half as good.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

SE

Thanks everyone for the listen, just started playing with the keys and add one track after another, one finger stuff really,will have to learn a few chords, the vox was the last thing added, so I really did,nt know where this was going till the end.

Hi FH the drums are are from the keyboard it,s self, started with the bass notes and add the fills on the fly as I when,t. Feels like cheating adding auto fill at the right moment, then recorded to tracks one and two panned left and right to give it a stereo effect and finally tweaked the sound in mastering, thanks ORH for the stereo tip, and oh I nearly forgot the keys are PSR-E213.

Hi Mark I,ve been found out, spent a bit of time on this, but never like to bang my own drum as they say.

Thanks again everyone
                                                             John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Really cool song, very nice bit of inspiration here, it works wonderfully John.  Guitar would have overpowered the feeling here, so the right choice to not put any on.  Your layered approach to keys works very well, I do it similiar with my keys parts on my songs.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

pjd1

I Like this 80,s sort of style , your,e vocals are excellent and the composition is very cool and melodic !!!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Nicely atmospheric. Beats my two finger playing anytime  ;D   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

launched

I keep coming back to th one, John. You really kicked some ass here!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tangled Wires

Great stuff John, I really think your voice suits this style of music, as well as the rockier songs. Loads of great atmosphere in this that you have created, and the melody of the song is top notch. Some really nice simple touches that you add in from time to time, it all works perfectly.

Could be one of my favourites of yours!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mike

I like what you've done here.  I love the 80's feel and you voice suits it perfectly.

Mike