let the dogs out by jemima's kite featuring geir

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 29, 2010, 06:13:31 PM

OsCKilO

Fucking hell!

Say it how it is guys! Awesome!

Must say. . . That bass is killer!

And the rest of the track is just as bad ass!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

indierik

This rocks guys!!!! I love it! Love the solo and the bass line. What a great song.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

i cant remember posting the video. or making it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

lg

You guys really let the dogs out with this one!
Good to see that even with the addition of a longer tail,
the Kite still soars as high, or even possibly higher
than ever!

Lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

64Guitars

Another great song from Jemima's Kite.

Like everyone else, I love that bass guitar playing. It's so ...   animated!

Time:
0:00
Volume:

And another cool kitchen video from oldrottenhead. I just wish I could read lips. I'd love to know what he's saying during the lead guitar break.  :D

Edit: I added the MP3 player because the animated gif looks cooler while listening to "Let the dogs out".

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Redler

Top song as always! Great gtr playing by the special guest star!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Almost missed this...

Badass! Great bass line! Stellar guitar work! Vox is right on! All around excellence!

Ferryman_1957

Fantastic stuff, I love the groove on this one, and the lyrics are fantastic. There's are great overall sound going on which is a bit different to your usual "sound", very clever. Geir's solo is great, a very nice guest addition indeed.

A word about the bass playing, and that word is SUPERLATIVE! Great to hear Flash letting rip and really driving the song along with a lyrical and very inventive bass line, I love it when it lets go at the end and starts popping like mad. I can hear it in the mix as well!

There's a thread going on in the General forum about bass solos. My own personal view is that long bass solos are completely pointless, boring and a waste of space (and I'm a bass player). IMO bass is a rhythm instrument, it is there to create the foundation that drives the music along (with the drums, I also think drum solos are pointless as well). This track to me sums up everything about what great bass playing should do - it drives the track, adds its own melodic lines and even goes a bit wild at the end but it is ALWAYS sympathetic to the song and keeps powering along. Way to go Flash!!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

Satchwood

Wow great song guys ~ cool vocals and lyrics `Jim .!!.  Luv that bass line -> `MikeMagic  ~  and....  I really dig the `G-man guitar solo as well with that double string slides!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)