Main Menu

Daydreams

Started by Bluesberry, May 28, 2010, 06:45:10 PM

Geir

WOW ... I need to take a trip up to Canada and find that campfire .. this daydream is dreamy !! Great song Dave ... I can really relate to those lyrics and the performance is fantastic ......

Excellent production too .. has that Berry quality seal on it !!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Nelson

Hey Dave
Good to see I'm not the only nut chasing  songs all day long.  :D
The lyrics are just great and the arrangement is outstanding. That harmonica puts in over the top.
The song has that Classic Rock feel to it.
I think your vocals are just perfect in this one.... I love the way you constructed this song.
Going back to basic is awesome, huh.
You are an awesome musician, my friend.
Keep Rocking...
_Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Tony W

I came back for a more in depth listen to this one, 5 listens later, and man this really is a great song. This one has an answer to a question that's been haunting me for a year. I love hearing a stripped down song even though it builds into a masterpiece in the end. Downloaded, and uploaded within seconds. It is now on the Piemachine.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

Just a great listen, love,in the acoustic feel and the harmonica break is to cool, got to agree with the sentiments of this tune. love it!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

Thank you, thank you, thank you ....  Thats what is so great about this site.  I write this song, can't even get my wife to have a listen to it, I am feeling kinda proud of this one, and she says "no", damn that stings, oh well, there is a lot of other things that I appreciate about her (I just don't expect any feedback on my songs anymore).  Then I put it up here and BAM, great feedback all around.  That makes me feel much better.  Thank you all for making my week.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Thank goodness I didn't miss this! Beautifully constructed, played and written. I love the chord change (and the chords) on the chorus. 'I live my daydream in music'... man, that is one poignant lyric! And I love the sound of a harmonica when it's played as well as that. It's another one of your songs that sounds like a cover of a long lost classic. Beautiful.

henwrench

Quote from: Greeny on June 02, 2010, 04:59:22 AMIt's another one of your songs that sounds like a cover of a long lost classic.

But So BB!!  Fantastic, love the intro... from the off I know I'm gonna be in for a treat!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

j.g.

Fantastic song, in which all the instruments are played to perfection and then a great production. One to be really proud of.

Tangled Wires

Wonderfully constructed and performed song Dave, one of your best in my opinion.

So many fine musical parts to this and perfectly blended together, and your lyrics and delivery of these are wonderful

Love the part where it breaks down and the harmonica comes in.

Your songs are always very cleverly put together, and no exception here once again.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Coming to this late, but have to say this is a very lovely song, great lyrics and very well constructed. Don't worry if the wife doesn't like it, mine is never much impressed by my stuff but as she says she has to listen to it iterminably in the background while I mix it, so she's kind of fed up with it when I "present" the finished article.

I really enjoyed this and love the sentiment of the song. Can't say fairer than that.

Cheers,

Nigel