Main Menu

Float

Started by Pamala, May 28, 2010, 05:33:04 PM

Pamala

09 Float
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I really wanted thundering drums on this, but try as he might, John just couldn't get more on the Yamaha 8 track mini disc. This is my big-rock-in-your-face song...
lyrics...
You don't wanta speak your mind/don't rock the boat
if you swim against the tide you better know how to float
If you're gonna stand up they'll shoot you down
If you look back in time at the one's who tried to make things right
well they broke from the mold but never got to grow old
cause people don't wanna hear what they're doin wrong
if you're gonna stand firm you better be strong
They say the truth will set you free
then why am I gettin stoned?
My heart's hanging from that tree I just wanna go home
It's a curse to have sight among the blind
The straight arm of liberty the sweet justice of the divine
but it's the soul's poverty I always seem to find
Oh dear lord won't you please deliver me to your grace
I need to feel the sun shine on my face

Time is a dealer ruthless and unkind
feeding the symtoms of a perverted mind
Time is a healer merciful and wise
soothing the seething of self righteous lies

Satchwood

WWwwoooooooooooooooooo   HoooooOOOOOO  !!!   Luv it Pamala !!  

I can't turn this up loud enough....   great vocals, and heavy supporting riffage and percussion ~ Flipping Luv it......................,,..,,..,,..,,...  luv your voice and lyrics !

.!:!:!:.   "My heart is hanging on a tree, i just want to go home"....    ...."time is a demon"
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Black Mary

09 Float
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Great performance and really Woodstocky sound to this. Like White Rabbit almost. Vox and playing & song are truly bringing back those memories, but with a modern kink. Guitar definately has a contemporary sound. I love this stuff. U said U weren't happy with the mix? I took the liberty of trying to bring the levels up. Say the word and I'll remove it. Great song ;D
kingliggermusic

Gritter

This totally rocks...such a classic sound. Vocals take me to another time and place. Kickass I'd say!

Johnbee

Yes, I kinda though "White Rabbit" too.  Vocals are very "Grace Slick" style.  Nice!

:) John B.

Tony W

This is friggin' awesome! Stunning Song. The music is fantastic, and the vocals are beyond belief. I'll be back for repeat listens, many of them.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

So powerful performance Pamala! Awesome song with great vox and guitars. Drums are stunning!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

Your vocals are similar to Grace Slick in tone and, at least in this song, style. That is a compliment. I love the guitars and I think the drums on this are pretty darn good. This is a pleasant experience early on a Saturday morning. A good one for sure.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Pamala

Quote from: Black Mary on May 28, 2010, 07:14:39 PMGreat performance and really Woodstocky sound to this. Like White Rabbit almost. Vox and playing & song are truly bringing back those memories, but with a modern kink. Guitar definately has a contemporary sound. I love this stuff. U said U weren't happy with the mix? I took the liberty of trying to bring the levels up. Say the word and I'll remove it. Great song ;D
You definetly put some more punch in there...like it!

Nelson

Nice tune folks.
Great vocals and the music is outstanding.
Sweet production.
3 thumbs up.

-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600