Micro Br Backup

Started by nathanclarke, May 18, 2010, 03:20:40 AM

nathanclarke

Hi, sorry for my boring questions, i'm pretty sure i can do this but just want to make sure.

I recorded 4 new songs that i cant afford to lose.  All my problems that i have ever had with the MBR have occured on the mixing stage when i am bouncing down (Error messages, weird jumps etc.).  So far i haven't bounced anything at all and have just recorded all the tracks that i need.

Basically can i export everything with the wav converter, initialise the MBR and then reload the wav files song by song to the correct virtual tracks.  So that i only have one song on the MBR to mix at a time.

Thanks for your help,

Nathan
www.myspace.com/DeadmodelsUK
www.myspace.com/nathanclarke82
www.last.fm/music/nathan+clarke

Geir

You can do that, but will then loose any drum-patterns, effect-settings and mixersettings. A better approach is to backup all the files from the ROLAND/BR0 catalog on the SCcard. each song has it's own folder there with all the info/recordings of the song. If you initialize the card you can simply copy one song at a time back to the card and finish them.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

nathanclarke

Cool, thats great, thanks a lot. 

I will use the ROLAND/BR0 catalog instead.

Would i be able to then import one extra WAV to the song, as i wanted to program the drums on cubase.

Thanks again

Oldrottenhead

i often create drums in cubase, then save it as an mp3 at 192kbps then transfer it to the mp3 folder, open up a song and import the drum track to tracks v1 and v2 in a new song
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

nathanclarke

Thats brilliant. Thanks.

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann