Venus - a Geir original

Started by Geir, May 14, 2010, 12:28:31 PM

Satchwood

`Love your prog folk style Geir and your vocals.!!  `Major production here ~ everything mixed great and sounds wonderful.!..  So many different sounds, i really dig how it picks up steam for the recorder solo, and then back to the acoustic and singing ~ `Magic.!.:.

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

j.g.

Another quality song from the maestro. You have such a great variety of styles of song and each are produced to a very high standard and this is no exception. That bar keeps getting higher and higher every day.

Flash Harry

it's a wonderful peice of music Geir. I can't really add much to what has been said here already. It's really incredible how you can bring a great melody to life with simple but well constructed harmonies and arrangements. It's a sign of real tallent.

I love this one. It's on the piepod.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

pjd1

Its another big hitter geir ! the change give the song a different dimension !! with well thought out musical interludes , and the recorder !! it works perfectly in the song , well played throughout it was a fantastic listen form start to finish and i enjoyed the vibe you put into the song !!!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Geir

wow ... thanks for all the great comments guys !!! I really appreciate it !! Feels good making new songs again !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

I love the way it just launches into brilliance straight away. No need for a lead in! Recorded in one night? That alone is an incredible feat. It's a masterpiece. And I agree with ORH that this is one to savour. I don't know how you made all those changes so smooth and beautifully joined, but it really is an incredible piece of work. I acrually think this is your finest work to date. It seems to distil everything that you are into one amazing song. Phew!

des0free

A masterpiece from a true master.  A tasty musical extravaganza that my ears immediately want to swallow. Lots of interesting layers.  Pro recorder playing, ha, ha!  Never thought a plastic pipe with holes could sound so good.  I like the rhythm and open spaces (stops and starts) in that recorder section too.

I feel this is probably your best one yet.  I am definitely going to be listening to this repeatedly; I still need to digest the lyrics.

No doubt this goes on my PIEphone!!!!!!!!

recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

I liked the vox quite a bit and that change up was awesome. I really liked it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Black Mary

Mandolin? Thought U had the capo on for a minute but no. This is brilliant. U are multitalented my friend. Sounds beautiful & U'v mastered so many insts. I love this. Thank you.
kingliggermusic

Geir

Thank you dear friends ! Your feedback really mean a lot to me !! 

Quote from: Black Mary on May 18, 2010, 12:05:21 PMMandolin? Thought U had the capo on for a minute but no.
No ... well I mean, no .. you're right ! No mando, just a capo on 5th fret if memory serves me right .... and a ukulele.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........