Waiting

Started by Prive, September 01, 2008, 08:47:50 PM

Indiana

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 02, 2008, 10:29:24 AM
QuoteReminds me somewhat of George Michaels.
i'll do the decent thing and commit hari kari then, lmao.

I've chuckled about this all afternoon. Thanks for giving my
day a lift!  ;D
<><

Prive

Wow!!! thanks everybody for all the comments.
Jim, cool idea with the vocals!!! i like the Peter Gabriel feel a lot, i need to listen a few times more so i can get used to.
If you want to work it ok, you can send me the vocal track or tracks so i can mix it with the original tracks at the better bitrate cause the 128Kbs mp3 i've uploaded sounds a little muddy against the wav.
Some other answers: yes i'm a stick player, but i didn't play the stick track, it was sampled and programmed.
I compose the drums and synth around a repetitive stick loop i used to play, it was made in Bhajis loops, a Palm application for music with sampler so i use the single notes samples of my Stick to write the loop.
So, a stereo track with the bhajis render (drums, synth, stick), two flanging guitar tracks panned and a stereo solo track for stereo delay.
All guitars recorded direct into the gtr input of MBR. All tracks exported to PC and them mixed with Reaper using just a little compression in clean guitars, no EQ, no outboard gear at all.
I hope you understand, my english is the same as Tarzan ;)

Thanks again to everybody!!!
Music, music and three times music!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

guitarron

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 02, 2008, 10:29:24 AM
QuoteReminds me somewhat of George Michaels.
i'll do the decent thing and commit hari kari then, lmao.
too funny

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Prive

Here you can see my studio  ;)

I hope you like it, more photos soon.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

64Guitars

The Palm handheld looks like a good companion to the Micro BR. Have you found any other interesting audio apps for the Palm? I think a good wave editor would be especially useful.

Has anyone here tried running the BR Wave Converter on a Pocket PC handheld? Did it work? How about Audacity? If those two apps work on a Pocket PC, it would make an awesome companion to the Micro BR. Although, most Pocket PCs probably cost more than a Micro BR.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

Flipping hell, oldrottenhead... how did you manage that?! Beautiful work. I listened to the original track and realised I didn't have a clue in where to start with a vocal arrangement. You turned a difficult task into something fitting and elegant.

Prive

Yes, it's like a cool team to me, i can do all the seq work in Bhajis, synths, drums, even bass, loops, everything i want, mix it, add effects and render it to wav, so the only thing it can't do yet is to record live performances, vocals, guitar, bass, stick, hardware synths. That's the reason i love my new Micro BR.
I have a very useful wave editor in my palm and an mp3 encoder, there is lot of fun musical software available, guitar tuners, little synths, trackers, and more but nothing close to Bhajis loops and Microbe ( www.chocopoolp.com ).
There is some things for pocket PC, like Meteor a little 12 track audio recorder/sequencer with real time effects (cool to mix MBR sessions), and pocket jam, an electronic music combo 2 mono synths and a drum machine/sampler.
The thing about usb is: MBR, Palm and Pocket PC are usb slaves, you'll always need a PC or Mac as a master.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

beleg

Prive

Beleg??? are you??? I miss the garden.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Oldrottenhead

T1ME3_01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ok, ive doubletracked the vocal, second vocal done via my sony stereo mic onto two tracks with stclean effect panned full left and right. my intention was to have vocal floating from left to right but stclean effect put paid to that as  it bounces all over the shop. not sure if it enhances the song other than making it a bit more trippy and weirder so feedback welcome.

well here it is..........oh ps i think collaboration subsection should be shelved coz things get lost here or it should be made into a full section. does that make sense hic. tim help me wi ma liver lol.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann