Nintendo DS Case = Micro BR Case

Started by Ted, May 04, 2010, 01:20:45 PM

Ted

Today, out of curiosity, I went over to one of the other Micro BR forums to see if anything ever happened over there.

I thought this was interesting:

Quote from: HAIL-man  http://forum.intermorphic.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=766&sid=f7268f784aa885ae7a1c1f154954aed2The BOSS MICRO BR when purchased comes with a (useless) protection cover that serves no protection and easily slips off.

But did you guys now that the NINTENDO DS or DS LITE (portable game console) is nearly exactly the same size as the Micro BR?

There is a wide range of pouches and carry cases available for Nintendo's and they make a nice snuggly fit for the MICRO BR. Most of them even have extra pouches in or outside where you can put extra memory cards or batteries.
Try it.

Here's an example:
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Thanks for the tip Ted !!

Looks really interesting!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

Another Forum......?

But...

Ted.....

I thought you loved us.......

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Gnasty

Yes i saw that before.
When i went to the EVIL Wal-mart to buy it ,of course nobody worked there to give me one so i said screw. Maybe i`ll try again someday.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

IanR

Hi, both my kids have a DSi but unfortunately, the cases are a little too small.  However, Nintendo have just brought out a larger DS and the cases for those are likely to be just right. 

FYI, I fashioned a box for my MBR out of an old fruit box from the green grocers. It was very easy to do and took about 30 minutes. I've put a sliver of polystyrene in at both ends to absorb some of the shock.  I put an elastic band around the box and its lid to keep it all snug in my bag when I'm carrying it around - often in my bike panniers.  It works a treat and looks kind of "home-made" which is something I like.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Gnasty

Thanks Ian! Good to know!!

Now i don`t have to waste my time.

I`d like to see your invention. Take a pic!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Greeny

I'm still using my hard-shell Sega Mega Drive game case. You have to snap off a couple of bits of plastic inside, but it's perfect. Total protection.

upsetminded

Funny that's exactly what I've been using since I got the MicroBR....My son's Nintendo DS case.
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

IanR

Quote from: Gnasty on May 04, 2010, 09:48:55 PMThanks Ian! Good to know!!

Now i don`t have to waste my time.

I`d like to see your invention. Take a pic!

Hi,

this might be a little late but here a few pics of the cardboard box case I made for my MBR a while ago.  I was worried about it getting knocked around and damaged.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

SpikeVelvet

I've been using the Nintendo case, also. It works great-has a clip to hang from your keychain and a pouch for SD cards, picks and batteries.