Reverb revelations

Started by FuzzFace, May 02, 2010, 01:01:42 PM

FuzzFace

What is the difference between the reverb setting at the Input selection versus the reverb that is adjustable on each track post-recording?

64Guitars

The Micro BR has a built-in mixer with 8 input channels and 2 output channels. The input channels are:

• Input (left)
  • Input (right)
  • Track 1
  • Track 2
  • Track 3
  • Track 4
  • Drums (left)
  • Drums (right)

Each of these 8 input channels has a "Send" level which controls the amount of reverb for that channel.

The reverb is never recorded in normal record mode. You only hear it while monitoring. So just adjust it to your personal listening preference. But in Bounce Mode, the reverb will be recorded to the destination tracks. So it's more important to pay attention to those send levels in bounce mode.

The Track reverb sends control how much reverb you hear on playback of the corresponding track. The Input reverb send controls how much reverb you hear on the selected input (guitar, mic, or line).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Satchwood

~~ Always a joy to read your technical explanations 64!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

FuzzFace

Quote from: Satchwood on May 03, 2010, 11:35:18 AM~~ Always a joy to read your technical explanations 64!

Indeed. 

Where would we Micro BR apprentices be without the masters from which to learn?

cuthbert

I didn't realize the reverb wasn't recorded until I saw a post from Geir mentioning it recently. That's cool because it helps me when singing, and then I usually either remove it or dial it down considerably later.

64G, do you know if it's possible to adjust the left/right input/output send levels? In my usage up to now, I haven't noticed it, but it would be nice if there is that level of control.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Quote from: cuthbert on May 03, 2010, 11:49:27 AM64G, do you know if it's possible to adjust the left/right input/output send levels? In my usage up to now, I haven't noticed it, but it would be nice if there is that level of control.

I'm not sure about the BR-1600, but I think all of the other BRs only have a single send control for Input and for Rhythm. So it's not possible to adjust the send levels of the left and right channels independently on the Input or Rhythm. In most cases, that seems reasonable. One exception might be SIMUL mode, where it might be useful to have independent sends for the guitar input (left) and mic input (right).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig