Monitoring in Arrangement mode

Started by Mach, August 30, 2008, 06:43:01 PM

Mach

In the Pattern mode I can scroll through the patterns while they're playing and it changes to the next beat. In the Arrange mode while in step editing I have to stop each time to change to the next beat then press play to monitor the beat.

Is there a way to monitor the beats while in step editing without stopping each time?
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

I'm not sure about the Micro BR but with my BR-864 I can press [PLAY] while editing an arrangement in step mode, then cursor to the pattern number of the current step and turn the TIME/VALUE wheel to change the pattern. I don't have to press [STOP] first. However, if I'm not in arrangement edit mode, but simply playing an arrangement, the BR-864 will display the message "Stop Recorder!" if I try to enter edit mode.

I would have thought that the Micro BR would work the same way except that you'd use the [-][+] buttons to change the pattern since the Micro BR doesn't have a TIME/VALUE wheel. But maybe the Micro BR is different in that regard. Perhaps someone here who owns a Micro BR and is familiar with arrangement editing can verify this?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Indiana

If you're in arrangement step edit, then press [play], you can move the
cursor, but you can't change any of the values. You get the  'Stop Recorder!'
message.
<><

Mach

Quote from: Indiana on August 31, 2008, 12:43:17 AMIf you're in arrangement step edit, then press [play], you can move the
cursor, but you can't change any of the values. You get the  'Stop Recorder!'
message.

Yeah I guess that's the only way to to do it. Actually it's probably quicker to change to PT mode and scroll through while listening, find what you want, then switch back to AR mode. I still have more experimenting to do. Thanks guys!
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR