Swirling Toilets

Started by lg, April 28, 2010, 06:06:05 PM

lg

Okay, this bothered me so much that I had to go check it out for myself.
I live in Glendale Heights, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, and the water in
my toilet here swirls to the left [counter-clockwise], when I flush it.
This topic was brought up in a different thread, and my curiosity  got the
better of me, and I had to find this highly important fact out for myself!
How about you other people in other parts of the world, especially south
of the equator?
Why do I always get caught up in these silly trivial questions? @/%#*~$!
 ??? :o ;D :D :'( :-\ :-X :-[ ::) ??? ;D

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Tony W

i am moments from walking out of this rather pompous dinner that I am texting from just to watch toilet water swirl....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i am going for a big shit but am worried the size of my shit will effect the swhirl of the water.

too much information?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Ok, the toilet was designed to make water swirl counter clockwise, so I tried 2 different sinks. Both sinks I filled partially with water then popped the plug. Both swirled clockwise. And yes I really wanted to leave the boring ass dinner. It was a jerk me off fest. I'm a doctor, I'm brilliant, your a doctor, your brilliant. Lets commend each other on our brilliance.

Me.... that was the first time I stepped into a college. I bet the janitor had more of an education that I have. Fortunately I was well enough versed in their topic of discussion that I could hold my own with the conversation.

On a side note, if  doctor of environmental studies ever mentions that he has a temporary office, and is waiting for an office with windows...... Don't refer to his office as a closet, the entire table becomes offended. My Bad

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

Does the counter clockwise swirling of the toilet have an impact on the self-cleansing functionality of the toilet? We can assume that most delivery systems for oblong objects have some sort of rifling effect. Rifling helps maintain the object shape and trajectory Most guns have clockwise rifling, therefore one could assume that the counter-clockwise swirling of the toilet would ................ yeah too much time around intellects tonight.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gnasty

Who cares as long as that smelly shit log goes down.
Fans work the same way when they turn clockwise or counter- clockwise. Don`t make me make shit hit the fan so you can wonder what that does! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman

Quote from: Tony W on April 28, 2010, 07:08:03 PMOn a side note, if  doctor of environmental studies ever mentions that he has a temporary office, and is waiting for an office with windows...... Don't refer to his office as a closet, the entire table becomes offended. My Bad

LOL!!! No comments on toilets or swirling but I loved this!!!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

I thought this depended on the Coriolis Effect only (unless I suppose there are jets).  I will be thinking about this as I drive to FL Met 2015. I will try not to think about orh's post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_effect

Blooby