unborn song

Started by joedonner2001, April 27, 2010, 04:29:51 PM

joedonner2001

unborn1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all,

I came across this site while reading up on the Micro BR.  Wow...awesome stuff!

Well, so on behalf of my wife I've bought myself a BR, and tried to record my first original song, and hope that perhaps someone would want to add lyrics and vocals (or anything else you fancy).

Any comments/advice will be most welcome.

Regards,

Joe

Oldrottenhead

couldnt get the player to work but downloaded it , if this is your first go on the mbr my guitar is going in the bin, fabulous stuff, really dreamy and ethereal looking forward to hearing more from you welcome aboard joe
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Riche

Welcome Joe,
Really enjoyed the lead.  Great tune.

Rich

j.g.

Calling out your Name
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi - Welcome young man. First song !!???   -  well its very good if it is. Anyway I have chucked down a quick vocal for you. If you like it let me know and I will re do it and put it in the originals for you, I would imagine you will get a few vocals to follow on after this one. There will be some better ones than this. I am a relative newie and learning the Micro gear and the ropes of this fantastic forum. You will find some great supportive people on here, especially after your great first post.

joedonner2001

That is so cool!!  I like it very much!!  ;D 

I really appreciate you taking the time doing this!  Can you please post your lyrics?

Just for the record:  What I meant was that this is the first original song I've tried to record on the MBR.  I've been playing guitar on and off for close on 20 years (well, with large gaps in between, but I took it up again since the year before last).  Never really thought I had that much talent for it - I've just always liked messing around on the guitar.  I find it very relaxing to spend 20 minutes playing each evening and just be able to switch off from everything else.  So I had this jingle in my head and when I got the MBR I thought I'd try to elaborate a bit on it.

I haven't quite worked out how to properly add rhythm to a song on the MBR, except for choosing one pattern and making it play endlessly.  I wonder if anyone would be interested in doing that?  That's the only bit perhaps missing, although I thought the song could work without drums.

Really glad I found out about this site.  This is good stuff!

j.g.

Here are your lyrics. Glad you like it. I was blackmailed into putting it on to the originals, sorry for that. Someone was going to put it on there as they liked it. Anyway a great song. Lets see others reaction as well. Good to get some reaction.
One of the rules is comment and be commented.   Enjoy!!!

Calling Your Name

Hey there lover, I just called your name
Come and save me, love me once again,
I've tried to be perfect, and I don't know why
You make me happy with a simple smile.

I should have learned faster that you were the one,
If you were here we'd be having fun,
All I've have is heartaches, I call out your name,
Take me in your arms and love me once again.

You take away the pain, stop the water in my eyes,
It's taken too long for me to realise,
I need you here beside me every day,
I've been busy drinking since you've been away.

I've found someone new, but they never stay,
They all look like you, 'til we started to play.

Hey there lover, I just called out your name,
I thought I saw you here yesterday,
Are coming back to me and loving me like you should,
Or have the highlights in my life, flickered out for good.

Joe   -   Speak to you later   Geoff

launched

Hey, this is a great tune. Love the vocal additions, j.g.

Makr
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

joedonner2001

Hey Geoff,

thanks very much!

One question:  What did you mean by "put it in the originals for you"?  I'm not sure what the 'correct' way of collaborating is, i.e. do people make the MBR source files available to each other, or what usually happens?  I know you can apparently convert the mp3 to MBR with some piece of software, but not sure what the most appropriate way is to make life easy for people who'd want to collaborate.

Fine by me to put it in the originals section.  Feels great that people like the song.

Thanks again!

OsCKilO

The instrumental is so Peaceful!

This is where its at Bro!

Superb!

Love the harmonies!

Awesome tune!

Gonna listen to the Vocal Version Now...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

If this song was unborn before..... Geoff is the Doctor that carried out the delivery...

Awesome Additions..

Sooooo Peaceful and stunning!

Peace

T (OsCKilO)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy