Home Alone - sounds a bit like Mark Knopfler

Started by trev, April 26, 2010, 03:02:05 PM

Flash Harry

Dire straits, the Boss and Pete Seeger I think. You're clearly no amateur.

Great track. The recording is superb, play is sublime. Very very good stuff.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

trev

Thanks Harry glad you liked it I'll probs upload another one tonight as I'm nusy demoing at the moment.

thanks again

Trev

Pine

First listen (i think) to your work Trev...and this one sure does not disappoint. Good lyrics and very likeable vocals that are well mixed. Your guitar playing is excellent and the dynamics of the song overall are very impressive. That's an art. If your album is full of songs like this, it'll be a peach.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

FuzzFace

I'm possibly the world's youngest Dire Straits fan, but when I first heard the intro to Money for Nothing, that basically sealed distorted guitar and grandiose sonic booms as my first love.

While this performance contains an elegant nod to my original favourite band...  it holds it's own as a powerful lyrical ballad, a perfectly balanced layered arrangement, and once again a fine recording.

This is only my second song of yours but I am picking up a common thread... undefined as yet but I feel it.

Looking forward to hearing more.

trev

Hey thanks Fuzzface and Pinedog appreciate you comments and am really glad you liked it.

thanks again

Trev :)

tom r

Trev you have no shame bonny lad that is true BUT you don't half play agood tune. I hope this one does well it deserves to

T
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

tom r

Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Speed Demon

Very nice composition. Brings back soulful memories. Thanks for sharing it.

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

antisocialworker

I cant believe how great the layout of this song is,
solo comes at the perfect moment,
it slows down and the right time
kicks back in with a small explosion
not even mentioning that spectacular voice!
im not even into this soft rock stuff and I am an instant fan
please keep posting here

trev

Hi everybody as always thanks for the fantastic responses.

Just wondered if I could ask a little favour - this particular track (Home Alone) is currently doing reasonably well on the Jango radio stations and is now just about within reach of achieving a chart position. All it really needs is for more people to go to the following link and click the fan and like buttons: It doesn't cost anything to register and actually the jango radio network is really good place. I know its a bit of a cheek but as this forum is the first place that Home Alone was publicly aired  it would be really cool if it could get a chart position on Jango. There are another 3 days left to register a vote for this week and the link is:

http://www.jango.com/music/Trevor+Sewell?l=0

thanks please tell our friends aswell :)

If I've overstepped the mark with this post please just tell me and I'll delete it

Trev