Home Alone - sounds a bit like Mark Knopfler

Started by trev, April 26, 2010, 03:02:05 PM

trev

Thanks Satchwood - really appreciate your comment and very happy that you like it. Great site very cool.

Trev

Gary F

Wow Trev!!!Great songwriting!!! Great playing!!! Killer vox!!!
Very pro sounding production!!!!

Gary

trev

Thanks Gary I'm really pleased you like it - its great being able to get some feedback on songs - I'll definitely be putting some more up soon.

Trev

Vanncad

Great tune & welcome Trev!

Very pro production! Was this recorded on a BR?

Sounds like you've been "around the horn"  a few times.
You've got a very tasty guitar style and sound.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

trev

Hi Vanncad - really glad you liked it - I recorded it using Digidesign Protools the 002 rack version - love your profile picture you have an uncanny resemblance to Alfred E Neumann - brilliant! used to read the Mad Magazines more than a few years ago. I know this sounds like a really stupid question but whats a BR?

Trev

Geir

Hi and welcome Trev !!

Really great way to introduce yourself. Pro production and pro PERFORMANCE !! Great voice !! You'll love it here I'm sure !

A BR is the Boss home-recording series, the smalles one being MicroBR (4-track), the the BR-600 BR-800 (just announced) ..... up to BR-1600 (16-track).

This site started as Microrecorders.org was then BossBR.net a brief period before turning into Songcrafters.org. It has always had an opening for other than boss recorders, but just recently shifted focus into "Songcrafting"
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

trev

Thanks Geir - I only discovered the site today so didnt know the background behind it - I was trying to work out what a BR was for ages and just had to ask - really glad you enjoyed the track and thanks for your comment. The site is really good I think I'll probs spend quite a bit of time up here.

Trev

hooper

Wow.. Great song, great playing, singing and production. Would like to see Mark Knopflers face if he ever heard this... (he'd be thinking: 'dern, I don't even remember doing this one')  Wonderful post and welcome aboard!

edit: Just took a look at your web page and watched the Youtube video that you patched up with Dire Straits... Very cool!  :)
Everybody needs to check that out!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Ted

Quote from: trev on April 26, 2010, 05:14:51 PMI think I'll probs spend quite a bit of time up here.

Prediction:  A year and many great songs from now, we will mark this day as Trevday!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

trev

Hi hooper - thanks for the comment much appreciated - can you post youtube links up here or is it just mp3s?

and thanks Ted haha I like that trevday :)

Trev