Designing the next Micro BR

Started by 64Guitars, August 26, 2008, 12:06:27 PM

Kody

I wish it's case was made out of metal not plastic...
An onscreen GUI for editing effects on the PC would be cool...
And it would be nice if they could make it even smaller~like a cell phone...
I don't know, just thinking...I'm generally very happy with it the way it is!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Migs

Quote from: Kody on April 18, 2009, 10:57:21 PMI wish it's case was made out of metal not plastic...
This I agree with.  Most of their other gear is pretty rugged.  I might even get one of the silicon protective condom things.
http://www.amazon.com/BOSS-BA-MBR-S-Silicone-Rubber-Roland/dp/B00142JMGG

Quote from: Kody on April 18, 2009, 10:57:21 PMAnd it would be nice if they could make it even smaller~like a cell phone...
Any smaller and I would lose it ... with my phone ... Kody.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

hewhoiscalledj

does anyone else think that the silicone jacket takes all the sexyness out of the box?

Tony

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on April 21, 2009, 05:33:04 PMdoes anyone else think that the silicone jacket takes all the sexyness out of the box?
I suppose there are mirror subcultures and there are condom subcultures.  The MBR is infinitely adaptable.  Joking aside, I think the silicone case looks better than the vinyl one that looks like it should be hanging from Batman's utility belt.

Kody

Yeah, The original Batman from the 60s!! LOL!... I bought my MBR at a time when Boss had a mail-in rebate for one of those, some earbuds, and a guitar cable.....I didn't mail mine in!! Valued at $50?! Oh well......

I might order a condom for mine, though~ you never can be too safe!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Kody

QuoteAny smaller and I would lose it ... with my phone ... Kody

LMAO!!!!................ I know lol!!!

I was also thinking it would be cool if it had a battery like a cell phone or MP3 player ...Charge it up on the PC w/ USB, and it's good to go for a week!!! Switching out batteries is so last decade ;) :D 8)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

64Guitars

Quote from: Kody on April 21, 2009, 09:51:15 PMI was also thinking it would be cool if it had a battery like a cell phone or MP3 player ...Charge it up on the PC w/ USB, and it's good to go for a week!!! Switching out batteries is so last decade ;) :D 8)

At the recent Summer NAMM 2012 show, PedalTrain was showing a new rechargeable battery pack called Volto (or possibly re-volt) intended for use in their pedal boards. I'm sure it could be used to power a BR instead. And it looks like it's small enough to attach to the bottom of a Micro BR or BR-80 with some velcro. It can be charged via USB or a regular power adapter such as the PSA-120.

There's also a similar product called Pedal Juice available from Sanyo/Panasonic.

http://us.sanyo.com/Pedal-Juice

It looks a lot thicker than the Volto, so it might not be as good for attaching to a Micro BR or BR-80.

The main problem with these is the price. The Pedal Juice is $149 at Musician's Friend. I can't find the price on the Volto/re-volt at the moment but I thought I'd seen it earlier and it was about the same. However, it's not even available yet so we won't know the actual street price until it's in the stores. Let's hope it's more reasonable.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig