Micro BR with ProTools?

Started by surfer777, August 24, 2008, 09:15:52 AM

Is it possible to use the micro br with protools?  I have access to protools but I don't have an mbox, would the mbr work as an interface (or whatever the word is), I guess the mbr acting as a substitute for the mbox?

Thanks!

alitivity

You would have to check with Digidesign on that, but I would suspect No. One of the things that Digidesign has done is to make the Interface and software dependant on each other. This way you cant pirate their software. Without the Digidesign interface protools will not work. They did have a partnership with M-Audio, who made an interface for the protools software, but I'm not sure if those are still available. If you are really interested in using the two together, I would just go to ebay, and look for an Mbox 1, they are not that expensive used. Then you could use either to record and transfer where necessary. Hope this helps

Thanks, it helped a lot!  I ended up downloading the KRISTAL Audio Engine and I'm liking it a lot!

guitarron

Audacity is another good one-it's simple and very stable

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Yes, Audacity is a very good program and it's available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. I believe KRISTAL is only available for Windows.

Ardour looks like a very powerful program and, according to the Ubuntu Studio home page, it's "geared toward people familiar with Pro-Tools". It's available for Mac and Linux, but not Windows.

Another powerful DAW is REAPER. It's currently available for Windows (also runs under Wine in Linux), and Mac OS X. You can download the full, un-crippled program for free and evaluate it without time restrictions. If you like it and continue to use it, you're asked to pay $50 to register it for non-commercial use.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website