"Punkfest" - Placebo Shore (original)

Started by Geir, April 05, 2010, 09:02:50 AM

Geir

Geir - Placebo Shore (WR3CKF!N)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I finally got rid of the "h" ...... no phunk here ....

Got another evening alone last night and put myself in a punk-mode ...

Two rotten rhythm guitars
One rotten lead
Two rotten vox-tracks
One rotten harmonica
One phat flanged bass
Mbr drums
waves against the shore

all MBR

(edit lyrics added:)

Placebo shore

I am a wreck
I can't take anymore
one more stone
(and) I'm at placebo shore

hey hey .. what am I ... I am a rock

I am a rock
you're the wreck
you're the foot
I'm the concrete sock

I am a stone
I can fly
I want a clone
so that one can die

hey hey .. what am I ... I am a stone

I am a man
I'm in a bar
I'm with the band
give me a guitar

hey hey .. what am I ... I am a man

I am a wreck
I am a rock
I am a stone
I am a man

I am a man

I am a man
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

another punkin' awesome track. You've been a man on fire for the last couple months! Everything you touch turns into brilliance. The waves are such a cool touch. I love the lyrics here. I'm with the band give me a guitar..... soloriffic. Excellent production.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Oh, man - This is killer!!! Way to push it hard and get every decibel possible. I love the widely panned rhythm guitars and the leads coming in just a bit narrower. And those vocals, absolutely menacing - Freakin' sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Yes - I love it.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Gritter

Freaking awesome Geir...super Punkified melody!!  Lovin' it!

It reminds me of The Soft Boys and Motorhead all at once.

Very cool!

Oldrottenhead

you are a god. freaking fabtastic FMGWABP
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

antisocialworker

And the winner is......
man this is gonna be hard to top
that bass was something else.
totally made the song.
great post man
loved every bit of it!

Krasi

I havent been here for a while and you guys are getting even better.
Really, its amazing and it sounds soo good. I have been saying it many times but I probably will never find out how you could do such quality tracks with these little gadget. Very talented indeed.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Nelson

Great song Greir but I found myself clearing my throat and needing a cup of tea, by the end. Love that rough vocal delivery. Was that painful to do? If so, then thank you for suffering on our behalf.
Honestly this sounds like on of those instant classics. Get some kids in there yelling back at you, "You are a  Rock... You are wreck... You are the man... or some sort of call and response. You could have a new Punk anthem on you hands.

Great job Greir...

You are the Man...
-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Geir

Quote from: launched on April 05, 2010, 12:55:34 PMI love the widely panned rhythm guitars and the leads coming in just a bit narrower.
Being lazy I've found a new way to make that "doubletrack" sound. Ok, the rhythm guitars where two different takes, but on the lead I added a tap-delay with 12ms delaytime and about 50 on feedback and mix. Worked out better than I expected!

Quote from: Gritter on April 05, 2010, 02:29:53 PMIt reminds me of The Soft Boys and Motorhead all at once.
Must check them out !! ,.... "The Soft Boys" that is, I think I know who Mötorhead is ;D

Quote from: Nelson on April 05, 2010, 07:09:19 PM1. Great song Greir but I found myself clearing my throat and needing a cup of tea, by the end. Love that rough vocal delivery. Was that painful to do? If so, then thank you for suffering on our behalf.

2. Honestly this sounds like on of those instant classics. Get some kids in there yelling back at you, "You are a  Rock... You are wreck... You are the man... or some sort of call and response.
1. I had two cups of coffee during the recording of the few vocal lines, so yes, it was not very pleasant :D ...and ... you're welcome ;D
2. Hmmm now there's an idea  8)  ::)  ::)  8)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........