dance with me by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 03, 2010, 10:56:36 AM

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

funny when i wrote this a couple of weeks ago it had been snowing, today i'm in the back garden wi ma shorts on, can o beer in hand and firing up the bbq. bloody scottish weather, it's inspirational.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on April 04, 2010, 08:55:08 AMYou could add more if you wanted to "liven it up" by bringing in some drums after a while...

Well, Nigel, it had to happen eventually:  I disagree.  Being a dance curmudgeon, I love the idea of a song called Dance With Me that has absolutely no drums.

The Chet Baker trumpet was an inspired addition.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SE

Missed this one great chill out tune in more ways than one, the second re-mix is excellent, great work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

djbride

very nice relaxing song. Great lyrics, I love the winter to spring rebirth idea. Excellent vocals and great key work. You come up with one great tune after another.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

Nelson

This is a smooth song. Music and vocals go together perfectly.
Nice lyrics Jim and a killer delivery.

-Nelson
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Satchwood

Great sounds ~~ cool relaxing vox & subliminal tones!.!  ,.,,Great lyrics & juno playing!.
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

dance with me drums too
Time:
0:00
Volume:
here is another mix, flash harry got himself a kaosillator and added a subtle drum track, i redid the vocals again, a bit happier with them now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Wow! James, much fatter, the vocals are so much more prominent and I like the stronger delivery. The trumpet fits really well. Maybe just a bit too much reverb on the drum (it may be my headphones mudying up the bottom end), but the remix has really lifted what was already a great song.

Just going for another listen.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

brought the reverb down on the drums a bit and posted at soundclick

[soundclick]9023699[/soundclick]
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann