Borrowed Smile

Started by Bluesberry, March 27, 2010, 10:30:42 AM

pjd1

Great song BB LOVE the guitar you are playing man !!! like your,e piano stuff goin on in there . love the ending wah guitar  , the song has got a really good vibe love it !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Bluesberry

Thanks everyone.  I worked on this off and on for last 3 weeks or so, and as always, it sounded very different when I first came up with the idea, just me banging away on the piano.  Then the fleshing out begins and it all changes slightly.  I wasn't planning on big guitar solos like that, but when the time came it seemed to be what was wanted.  

As for the tone of that first solo, you can have that Tony.  That was my strat (Position #2) plugged straight into my BR-1200 on "fat strat" or something like that.  There is a setting in the BR-1200 that takes a single soil and fattens it up to imitate a humbucker.  I forget what it is called, something like "fat strat" or something like that.  Have a look for it on your BR-1200.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jim1970

Great Stuff!!! I am a Sucker for guitar solos as well!!!!
Love the piano and Guitar combo as well.
WOW!!  This song gets Better and Better with you wailing on the Guitar!!
Yes !!  Cool Synth sound to end this Great tune.
Jim from Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

j.g.

Great song, playing and production. Well done - like this one. Gonna check out some more of yours, as I like your style.

Gritter

This is a quality song and wonderful arrangement. Me likes it!

thetworegs

Found another beauty buried in the past ....a great song catchy loved it "..
Quote from: Ferryman on March 29, 2010, 05:02:10 AMI don't think it's any particular genre, it's Bluesberry flavour and it's great.

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Hook

OTD bumpalicious
Rock On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Bluesberry

Thanks for the Bump Hook.  Pretty good song, if I do say so myself........I cringe at the vocals on this one.  :o A lot of my older stuff is hard for me to listen to because of my shaky/pitchy vocals.  But I kept at it, and am getting better with each song.  Thats what it is all about, just keep going, continuous improvement.  Pretty good guitar solos, if I do say so myself............... ;D

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 27, 2014, 07:15:50 AMThats what it is all about, just keep going, continuous improvement.
Well said Dave !! Well said !
QuotePretty good guitar solos, if I do say so myself............... ;D
Indeed !! I even get a Mike Oldfield vibe revisiting it now. Especially that opening solo!

Still a great song, though I definitively hear an improvement on the later songs. I guess that just means that we're still learning ........

I'm a fan Dave !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........