Borrowed Smile

Started by Bluesberry, March 27, 2010, 10:30:42 AM

djbride

I love how the song starts out mellow with piano and acoustic gtr and then cranks up on the chorus. Lead gtr lines in chorus are great, I like the way they trade with the vocals. Lyrics ar solid and production is good. Great song. Great lead guitar
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=1049425

"Rock is dead they say, Long Live Rock, be it dead or alive"    P. Townsend

SE

Hey what a great tune, which really builds nicely,great guitar also, just excellent work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

antisocialworker

What a rockin tune man, really love that shredding!
chorus is killer. oh and that was a fantastic way to end the song.

Speed Demon

Nice work, BB! I like the smooth segue from mellow to intense.

If you are serious about "buying" my tone, I can save you some money.
If you are handy with a soldering iron, I can send you the specs on the cap and
resistor circuit I installed in my Charvel. That is the guitar you listen to on my
recordings. Also, how and where to install them.

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Satchwood

Great song ~ nice work!!  You can never have enough guitar solos in a song :)  I personally like the combination sounds of piano and guitar ~ cool ending!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

This is a really catchy well-written song AND excellent performance ....

Throw in some Davealicious blues-licks and we have a winner !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

BossMicroBRew

BB, A+ man. Sounds like it took some effort to put this together. What a product. Thx for sharing.

BossMicroBRew
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

henwrench

gulping at the goodness of it all!!   ;D ;D

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

This one slipped past me while I was on vacation. Glad it surfaced again. That lead tone (first solo) is off the hook, I want it! Well, in truth I want it all.

This is a well put together piece BB. Top notch song writing and composition here. You have one hell of a musical Mind my man.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

I don't think it's any particular genre, it's Bluesberry flavour and it's great. It has a number of different parts and the solos are quite blues-y but I just like the overall effect. The gentle intro draws you in and the chord sequence of the verse isn't very blues-y to me, it's just a great song on many levels. The piano playing is great here and works very well, especially the piano chards and guitar solos. I'm with Tommy on that one.

I love the ending as well, another mood change that really works. BTW, the bass playing is really nice and I like the bass sound you got here. Overall the proudction is great, good balance and I like the dominant piano without it being overpowering. It gives quite a different feel to the song.

Another excellent addition to the BB repertoire. Any chance of the words,as I can only make some of them out?

Cheers,

Nigel