'She Got the Sun up Her Sweater' Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, March 25, 2010, 06:58:54 AM

Frank53

I'm glad I stopped by to keep abreast of your music.  ;D  What a fun tune! You really captured that era. The writing and vocal arrangement are excellent. Great performance, as well. An hour and a half?... Sheesh, takes me that long to tune up. LOL!

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Tony W

no pics?????? WTF?

Did she listen to the song like this? OK, she hasn't heard it yet..... but still

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on March 25, 2010, 08:19:16 AM[Y]our bass playing...sounds good to me, it really keeps the song moving and is very McCartney-ish in its clever use of notes, not just playing roots.

I totally agree.  I'm no Beatleologist, but I'd say that your bass is the Beatliest thing about this song.

Great song.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

cuthbert

Perfect slice of 1966!

But I don't think Brian Epstein would have approved of the subject matter...  :D

Love this one -  terrific bouncy arrangement and harmonies - downloading it straight away!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Vanncad

Hahah!

Seriuosly good tune though Greeny.
The guitar parts are very cool, and the bass line is wicked too.
Harmonies fantastic as always.

I agree - has a little bit of a Petty feel to it, and that's a damn good thing in my books.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

wicked fun song Tim.  Thats a monumental bass line, and the tone is really good too.  If you don't mind, what effect setting did you use to get this tone, is it double tracked?  I really love your guitar solo too.  Great fun stuff.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Really great song Tim. Will there be a YouTube video for this one?   ;)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Satchwood

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 25, 2010, 01:06:39 PMReally great song Tim. Will there be a YouTube video for this one?   ;)

Ha!  Yes, a youtube video!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman_1957

More like a BoobTube video........

I'll get me coat.