'She Got the Sun up Her Sweater' Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, March 25, 2010, 06:58:54 AM

Greeny

01_TIM GREEN_She Got the Sun Up Her Sweater
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Did someone mention boobs?!  :D

To put it directly and bluntly, here's a song about my girlfriends tits, lol. All done on the MBR, with a 12-string acoustic, telecaster, bass, and a load of harmonies.

It sounds as (deliberately) close to Revolver-era Beatles as I can get  ;)

Very, very happy with how this turned out. Written and recorded in an hour and a half. I love it when things just happen like that - it's a whole different kind of satisfaction.

henwrench

Great tune, great title all round top notch, also has a Tom Petty kinda vibe to it as well.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

oh yeah !!!!!!!!!

Love it ! lol ... just came to the solo ... there's a lot of Beatles influence here for sure  in both the guitar rhythms, the melodic bass, the harmonies ... but still it's unmistakebly Greeny !!!

Great song Tim ....and yeah ... don't you just love it when everything flows .. and you have a finished recording after just a couple of hours. But 1,5 hours that's REALLY impressinve for this high quality song !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

bliss in it's purest form straight to my veins. aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

chapperz66

Chuckle chuckle!  

I think it's brilliant.

More importantly, what does the girlfriend think? (assuming that you've played it to her).  I'm not sure my wife would have been terribly impressed.  She's not renowned for her sense of humour.  I had to give the impression that I was more interested in her personality.

We all know the truth.

In all seriousness - an hour and a half?  I think I've done well if I turn out a tune in a week and a half.

Paul

Greeny

She hasn't heard it yet, lol

This is one of 5 that I recorded in one manic day. I was very unhappy that my current batch of songs were consistent but uninspired 'album tracks'. So I tried to put it right, and ended up with 5 songs that I really like (almost good as anything I've ever done). Just a magical, mammoth session with the MBR. Isn't music wonderful?!

Tangled Wires

Top notch Greeny especially considering the time in which you produced this. Would love to know the secret of how your harmonies always sound so spot on.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Cherries on her trifle indeed!!!!! I nearly spilt my coffee when I heard that.

Tim, you nailed this. I can hear a little more edge in the writing and playing on this one. The production is just spot on as well. The balance of vox and guitars is fab, and the guitar solo is really sharp. The vocal harmonies are indeed very Beatle-y, but so is your bass playing. Boy, that sounds good to me, it really keeps the song moving and is very McCartney-ish in its clever use of notes, not just playing roots. It's a good thing Flash's last bass performance on JK was stellar otherwise I'd say he might have to watch out  :)

As to the subject matter, well I'd be interested to hear what the gf makes of it.......

Cheers,

Nigel

Satchwood

So very cool Greeny ~ great song writing & guitar playing!! 

I think John & Paul would be proud of you ~ so lively & full of energy and fun ~ luv it! 

Can't wait to here what your gf thinks of this.....ah!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

launched

What can I say? I click on the play button and I'm instantly happy!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover