New BR model - the BR-800

Started by 64Guitars, March 24, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

Quote from: facemask93 on July 12, 2011, 05:39:38 PMSorry guys , been out making sweet music with my buddy's , just got back , what happened was--i went to USB wave convertor as per usual . it took 7 seconds as it does to appear on the imac , i the opened the wave convertor , chose BR-800 , & that message appeared , when i couldn't get any response , i made a backup of my files , then reformatted the card , then did the update , by this point all is well , put files back on the card , checked to see if they were there , yes they were , downloaded BRWCX300 and installed it , tried both putting memory card in imac and BR-800 to load , but still the wave convertor will not load , just get that message , not a BR series memory card , is is in fact the complimentary 8 gig car that Roland gave me gratis for buying the BR-800 that has been working fines up until now

Rob

If you're getting the "Not BR Series Memory Card" error on a Mac, you might want to check out this thread:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10905.0

I was getting the same error, and it drove me bonkers and took a lot of troubleshooting to fix. The same issue happened to kurrykid, and I believe the same fix worked for him.

Hope that helps!

kurrykid

Yep, that error drove me crazy.  MC really helped me through that one!

Facemask93

Ah , to late to try now , but this looks interesting , an issue with Macs , I'll try when I get home from work today
Thanks folks

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Facemask93

Well , just got home , put the 8 Gig card in the iMac , switched off then restarted , and low and behold the Wave convertor works once again , good advice guys , now to try and make it work from the BR-800 !

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

kurrykid

Quote from: facemask93 on July 13, 2011, 09:46:03 AMWell , just got home , put the 8 Gig card in the iMac , switched off then restarted , and low and behold the Wave convertor works once again , good advice guys , now to try and make it work from the BR-800 !

Rob
Yep, it works the first time when you reboot the machine but...............unfortunately, it will still have the same issue if you disconnect and reconnect the device.  Unless of course you did what was recommended in the previous post.

HTH

Facemask93

Has anybody else downloaded and installed the 30 patches that emulate different guitarist tones , if not do it now they are really good
Heres the link

http://www.soundsderhelden.de/uebersicht.html

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

Geir

downloaded : yes
installed     : eh .. no ...

will do when I get a chance tho. Thanx for the reminder !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Burtog

So how do the settings show up on the BR? Do they show as saved settings?
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Quote from: Burtog on April 09, 2012, 03:24:36 AMSo how do the settings show up on the BR? Do they show as saved settings?

They will be Song Patches. That means you won't be able to use them in your own songs unless you copy the SONGFX00.BR0 file into your song (overwriting any song patches you may have already created for that song) or you note all the settings of one of the patches and manually enter them into a new patch. You could also save them as User Patches. Then they would be available in any song. The Preset Patches, of course, are not affected since they cannot be overwritten.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

I bought a BR-800 11 days ago and I still can return it. I'm really trying to like it but the rhythm editor is beginning to make me crazy.

I've figured out how to create custom rhythms (like 6/8, 3/4) and save them to the unit but I've learned a VERY disappoionting fact: the saved pattern (rhythms) can't be used universally like preset patterns. In other words, whereas preset patterns are universally available for any song projects, custom patterns are available only and specifically for the song for which they were created. I've tried to figure out how to make them usable in other songs but I can't do it.

I've tried copying the pattern.br0 file from one song to another on the BR-800, but the custom patterns just don't copy over. This means that I have to re-write any custom patterns overfrom scratch for each song This is totally unacceptable in my opinion and is a ridiculous bottleneck in the rhythm functionality of this unit.

Now, if someone has figured out a way to make custom patterns available to more than one song, PLEASE let me - and all of us - in on that secret.

Regards.