New BR model - the BR-800

Started by 64Guitars, March 24, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

Oldrottenhead

i cant wait to get a br80 because the majority of stuff i record is stereo straight to two tracks so on the mbr i have to bounce and bunce and bounce, im hoping the br80 is just a smaller version of the br800, cos i have seen at first hand what it is capable of
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Speed Demon

ORH, buy me one also. I am a poor Demon and can barely afford the massive amounts of energy consumed by Mrs Demon in her never-ending pursuit of my life insurance policy.

Now that I think about it, last night's dinner did have a faint aroma of almonds. I wonder why that is....

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Oldrottenhead

i'm hoping to keep mrs orh out the hairdressers for a few months so i can save up my deposit lol.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Facemask93

Amazing , i just start to up my song output and now the wave converter is saying , not a BR series memory card , what the fuck is going on , i've tried everything , reformatted the card , updated , put the card straight into the Mac slot , nothing works , i'm severely pissed off , i've got two songs done and ready to come off the card

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Geir

Not sure I understood what you had done Rob. Was the song finished and you where just trying to connect it to the computer to transfer it from the 800 with the BRWC ?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

you reformatted the card after the 2 songs were on it? that's not good if I'm reading it in chronological order.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Which version of the Wave Converter? I think you need version 3.00 or later (3.10 comes with the BR-80) to recognise the BR-800. Perhaps you still have an old version on your computer and inadvertently used that instead of version 3.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Facemask93

Sorry guys , been out making sweet music with my buddy's , just got back , what happened was--i went to USB wave convertor as per usual . it took 7 seconds as it does to appear on the imac , i the opened the wave convertor , chose BR-800 , & that message appeared , when i couldn't get any response , i made a backup of my files , then reformatted the card , then did the update , by this point all is well , put files back on the card , checked to see if they were there , yes they were , downloaded BRWCX300 and installed it , tried both putting memory card in imac and BR-800 to load , but still the wave convertor will not load , just get that message , not a BR series memory card , is is in fact the complimentary 8 gig car that Roland gave me gratis for buying the BR-800 that has been working fines up until now

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Geir

Stupid question (I only ask because I've made the same mistake myself) : you are sure you set the USB mode to "wave converter" and not "drum editor" or some of the other modes? I used the BRWC once I had it in drum-mode and got the same error message, luckily exiting from USB-mode and restarting the 800 did it for me and the card has been working since!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tony W

Also the manual states that you have to format the SD card with the BR-800. I'm not sure what message you get if you don't do it that way.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR