New BR model - the BR-800

Started by 64Guitars, March 24, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

Justin_Case

The BR-600 is down to $245 in the US

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/421044-REG/Boss_BR_600_BR_600_8_Track_Digital_Studio.html

If you take Guitar Center up on their Price Match + 10% you down to 235ish.

dwardzala

Quote from: 64Guitars on March 25, 2010, 12:38:52 PMAs I've said in the past, I prefer an all-in-one hardware recorder for recording my tracks. However, once all the tracks are recorded, I like to load them into Audacity for final production. There are lots of advantages but a big disadvantage is the mouse-based user interface. I prefer to have real faders and controls. The BR-800 and Cakewalk V-Studio 20 solve this problem nicely, acting as a control surface for the DAW. Although, I don't think they'd work with the current version of Audacity. But they come with Sonar/Guitar Tracks which would probably work just as well. And they might work with other DAWs if configured properly.

I agree with this completely, except I use Guitar Tracks Pro 4.
Dave

BR-600

64Guitars

BR-800 Loop Recording Demo by Alex Hutchings of Roland UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctcpSNyKOZA

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

The footswitch makes the looping part work so well on this.  I love this machine more every time I see it.  They really have a winner on their hands for not too much $$$.  So many good useful features in a nice small package.  Features wise it looks almost as good as my BR-1200 for much less $$$ and 1/3 the size or even smaller.  I am sold on this machine (not going to get one, but I am sold on the product).

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 26, 2010, 11:54:40 AMI am sold on this machine (not going to get one, but I am sold on the product).

Never thought I'd see the day when you typed that.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

HaHaHa, thats right, I said it.  My next purchase is going to be a 12-string acoustic I think. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

This is a very interesting looking box...we'll see where my finances are when the time comes. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Tony W

Quote from: Bluesberry on March 26, 2010, 12:06:35 PMHaHaHa, thats right, I said it.  My next purchase is going to be a 12-string acoustic I think. 

When 6 is good..... 12 must be better. Diego and Satch got me licking my chops for one, so don't blame me! I think I just live closer to the Music shop than you do. 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

I suppose they will upgrade the 1200 and 1600 next, and that's when the G.A.S. will be of chimichanga-sized proportions.

Blooby