New BR model - the BR-800

Started by 64Guitars, March 24, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

64Guitars

It's interesting what online retailers are now saying about expected arrival of the BR-800. The U.K. dealers who've sold all their stock don't expect any more until September. Most American and Japanese dealers are still saying late July, although Sweetwater says "sometime in August". And there is some availability in Quebec, though I don't know about the rest of Canada.

In stock:
gg-digital (Glasgow)  +4 In Stock
Reidys (Blackburn)  In stock
Goodwins (Dublin)  In stock
Dawsons  In stock at all most stores and warehouse
Nantel Music (Quebec)  In stock
Ishibashi Music  Late July  July 24  In Stock
Musicland  Mid July  August 24  July 24  In Stock
Offpricegakki.com  Late July  July 26  In Stock
Sweetwater  "sometime in August"  Now shipping  "in stock"
The Midi-Store  Mid July  "in stock"
zZounds  July 21  July 30  "Coming Soon"  In Stock
SameDay Music  July 23  July 30  "more expected soon"  In Stock
American Musical Supply     July 23  July 27  Pre-Order Today  In Stock
Guitar Center  July 21  July 24  July 25  July 26  July 27  July 28  July 29  July 31
Aug 2  Aug 3  Aug 4  Aug 5  Aug 6  Aug 14  Aug 16  Aug 17  In Stock
Musician's Friend  July 27  Aug 6  Aug 16  Aug 23  In Stock

Expected:
Merchant City Music (Glasgow)      "Immediate dispatch"   "Availability: 7-14 days"
thomann  "shipment due to arrive on 28.07.2010"  Available  28.08.2010
Nevada Music  "Due for release on 31/08/2010"
RedDog Music (Edinburgh)  2  1 in stock  "Out of stock - expected 1st September 2010"
Andertons Music  "Out of stock - Next delivery due 15/09/2010"
dolphin music  July 29  ?
Bananas at Large  May  ?
GAK  "Expected 30-Sep-2010"  ?
SoundsLive  2  1 in stock  0 in stock
PSSL.COM  August 4  "In-Stock and Ready to Ship"  "Availability: Uncertain"

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

BuleriaChk

Sweetwater told me delivery has been set back again (as suggestesd above), but said the other vendors haven't received the info or updated their sites yet.   I am second in line for one from SW, but if MF sells out before SW gets them in, I am going to be P***ed....:-)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

peterp

My four main haunts I hit regularly  in Ontario Canada (AKA: Canukistan)

The Arts Music Shop in NewMarket Ontario is listing it as available. But won't post a price on-line.
Steves Music does not list it yet at all
Long&McQuade one of the largest Music chains in Canada seems to have dropped all Boss and Roland products from their web site.
Cosmo Music doesn't list products on-line.

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

Geir

I went to the store where I bought my (first) mbr. The guy in the store called Roland Norway. And they confirmed that the delivery was postponed to late august / early september. They gave no reason.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

peterp

I made the rounds of the shops local to me

Cosmo Music (Richmond Hilll, Ontario) has the BR-800 in stock, on the shelves and listed at 529$cdn.
And they have one out on the demo desk to fool with.

The Arts Music Store (Newmarket, Ontario)  just got the BR-800 in stock and has it listed at 499$cdn.

Long&McQuade (Markham store) has Boss BR-800 in stock at 479$cdn.

I did spot while at the Arts Music shop they have a pile of BR-600 boxes listed at 199$cdn by their cash register.
Labeled as open box items, normal price 239$cdn .

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Quote from: - Newton Minow, head of FCC 1961"Television, America's vast wasteland"

pjd1

Got Mine last week just playing around with it 339 quid from Dawsons liverpool .

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

64Guitars

Quote from: PJD1 on July 18, 2010, 07:59:07 AMGot Mine last week just playing around with it 339 quid from Dawsons liverpool .

Dunny

How do you like it? Can you give us a mini review for those who might be considering buying a BR-800? Pros and cons. How are the touch sensor buttons to work with? What's included on the DVD-ROM? Is the BR Rhythm Editor any different than the existing version for the BR-600/864/900? How about the Wave Editor?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

pjd1

Hi 64 G , yes no problem the information i have recieved from this forum has been second to none and it truly is a remarkable fountain of knowledge due to people like yourselves, so if i can put something back in it is my pleasure .

First of all i have on old BR 8 which was in its day groundbreaking , then i moved to a zoom 1608 which i thought was cumbersome to use and then i purchased the MBR a couple of years ago which was superb as you all know , so i decided to move with the times with the BR 800 knowing that when you press record its the playing of your,e instrument that we listen to and not what you record it on !! so a recorder is a recorder if you see my point !
I am at the moment not interested in the cakewalk side of things but that will change when i feel the need to explore it and see what it can do ( i had issues with loading the software on my computer but managed to stick it on an old one i have , it seems there could be a concern with the Vista on my computer !!)
The dvd has all what you need including all the wave convertor stuff ( the one i downloaded from your,e site didnot work so this must have been upgraded with the br 800 .
The Rhythm editor looks superb and is new to me but you have it on youre website so that maybe is nothing new to the people who use it , maybe they have upgraded the software i dont know for the br800, but it looks the same anyway .
The touch sensitive buttons are really good but i have to admit to using the transport wheel and accidently touching the exit or enter button and having to go back and start again so that takes a bit of getting use to but touch sensitive screens are were we are at the moment phones , computers , etc .
Everything else is were you would expect it to be and i found it really easy to use and recording very quickly with a minimum of read the book time !
The guitar patches are for me the clincher !! they are superb which is what i would expect from boss , the bass simulator are outstanding and i can honestly say i looked at my bass guitar and ponderd if i would ever use it again!! the lead and crunches are fantastic and with a little chorus or echo they had me hooked from the start ,
I did notice that when i purchased the unit last week they had the usual BR,S on show in Dawsons but no BR600 so maybe they are flushing out the 600,s first before putting the 800,s up for sale that may explain why some parts of the UK are waiting on arrival ? and the rest of the world for that matter ?? who knows ,

It gets the thumbs up from me !!! and thanks again for you excellent reviews and information 64Guitars hope this helps .

Dunny

recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

BuleriaChk

This thing had better be good! :-\

How are the reverbs, the spring in particular?

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

pjd1

I might just add that i have the cakwalk sonar le up and running on my laptop , problem with my windows after i took it to a chap i know,  laptop concern not the cakewalk software . still got to work out how it works with the br800.

To me as i may have said the br800 was worth the buy , that is a personnel issue and i hope if you do buy the recorder you will not be disapointed , the reverbs are cool as well as the other cosm effects , boss has to me been  a leader in guitar effects for most of my guitar playing years this unit has GT 10 effects which are brill not to mention all the the other stuff i havnt even looked at yet !

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8