New BR model - the BR-800

Started by 64Guitars, March 24, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

BuleriaChk

The lack of different time signatures in the rhythm tracks (not even ONE 3/4,6/8 pattern) on the MBR is a real deal killer for me (and the BR-600 even allows you to use your own tones and patterns!)

The effects on the BR-600 and BR-900CD are excellent, but GT-10 effects..... that alone is enough to make the upgrade for me....

Plust the computer I/0 for controlling Ableton Live, Sonar, etc.  (Personally, I wouldn't even THINK of trying to edit on a multitrack - I import everything into a DAW and work from there...)

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

ayan0815

ive only had the micro br at the moment but im interested on some info about the br-800. ive read that theres a connection for a footswitch (FS-5U/-5L) at the back of br-800. what would you be able to control with it? would i be able to switch guitar effects with it? much like having a guitar effect pedal?

64Guitars

If it's like the footswitch jack on the BR-600/900/864 (and I assume it will be), then you can use it to toggle between Play and Stop, Punch In/Out, or toggle the Insert Effects on or off. You can't switch between two different effects. You can only enable the currently-selected effects patch or disable it. It works the same as pressing the COSM EFFECTS button on the BR. I assume the footswitch on the BR-800 can also be used with its loop recording feature.

You can also plug an expression pedal such as the Roland EV-5 into the BR-800 instead of a footswitch (you can't have both). The pedal can be used to control the Wah effect, Pitch Shifter (like a DigiTech Whammy pedal), or as a volume pedal.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

BuleriaChk

Anybody got any updates on the ETA of the BR-800?

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

Here's what online retailers are saying:

Bananas at Large  May  ::)
zZounds  June 30
Andy's Music  June 30
SameDay Music  July 2
Guitar Center  July 7
Andertons Music  July 7
Nevada Music  July 21
Musician's Friend  July 27
The Midi-Store  Mid July
Musicland  Mid July
Ishibashi Music  Late July
Offpricegakki.com  Late July
Sweetwater  July
RedDog Music  Sept 1

Based on this, I'm guessing late July or early August. Although, RedDog Music in Edinburgh is saying Sept 1. Do they know something the other retailers don't?
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

BuleriaChk

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

Saijinn Maas

In my industry, they refer to it as "vapor-ware".

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

The norwegian 4sound claim to have it. The website doesn't say anything about a date, so I called the shop closest to me and they said that their shop in Oslo has it, but alas, not the two stores closest to me :( .....

I still think the Mbr is a "better" choice tho. I've been without mine for over two weeks and I'm going crazy ... I feel naked without it. But due to a VERY good friend of mine and a true hero on this forum, my misery is soon over :D ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

BuleriaChk

Sweetwater told me the BR-800 was due on the 2nd (I have a pre-order).  Roland t/s said they are due in "early July".....

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80