New BR model - the BR-800

Started by 64Guitars, March 24, 2010, 10:39:01 AM

BuleriaChk

This suspense is killing me.........

If ONLY they had an editor, toneload, and global tempo in the DR-880  (The lack of a global tempo for patterns is an unbelievable design flaw, and why they haven't added it in a system update is beyond me.....)

But the BR series, IMO, is pure genius, even though prices for them have gone through the floor on EBay .....

recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-900
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
V-Studio 20
recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

Summer NAMM starts this Friday. I wonder if Roland will have any news for us then?

I probably won't buy a BR-800 because I can't justify the expense right now. But I'm anxious to have a look at the manual.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

I think I will wear out my mbr in a year or two (see pics posted elsewhere here) the BR-800 looks like a great replacement but I still think I'd my that microBR over any equipment any time !!! .... guess only time will tell
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on June 13, 2010, 07:25:03 PMI think I will wear out my mbr in a year or two (see pics posted elsewhere here) the BR-800 looks like a great replacement but I still think I'd my that microBR over any equipment any time !!! .... guess only time will tell
I thought the same way until I got my BR-1200.  You would love the extra tracks Geir, really makes things so much easier.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 13, 2010, 07:32:13 PM
Quote from: Geir on June 13, 2010, 07:25:03 PMI think I will wear out my mbr in a year or two (see pics posted elsewhere here) the BR-800 looks like a great replacement but I still think I'd my that microBR over any equipment any time !!! .... guess only time will tell
I thought the same way until I got my BR-1200.  You would love the extra tracks Geir, really makes things so much easier.
I know Dave, but you know I have that Korg D16 and I rarely use it. the freedom of the mbr is just unbeatable. I bring it with me at all times ... and I dont think that would be the same with an 800. I would have to have both !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on June 13, 2010, 07:43:47 PM
I know Dave, but you know I have that Korg D16 and I rarely use it. the freedom of the mbr is just unbeatable. I bring it with me at all times ... and I dont think that would be the same with an 800. I would have to have both !
Yes thats true, I have both and would not part with either one.  If I could only keep one I guess it would be the micro for portability and all that.  You need both I guess, that is the only answer.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Geir on June 13, 2010, 07:43:47 PM

I was thinking the same thing. I have my MBR in a Crown Royal bag with a USB cable, 4 rechargables, power supply if I need it, earbud headphones, extra 1G mem card and some dunlop nylon 1, .88, .73, .60 picks. I also have a 1/8" jack cable that plugs into many makes of car audio so I can hear on speakers.  I take it everywhere, and mostly do vocals and mix, etc when not home. But if I run across a stray instrument I have what I need. There is usually something to play in my pickup.

Speaking of that, if the MBR had an instant bounce option and a shift bank for 4 more tracks I would need nothing else.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

And, I do love the idea of that 800, Dave. The best one stop shop boss has made so far I think.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Saijinn Maas

Depends what you mean by portable. I do miss my MBR sometimes, but the br600 (as well as the br800 from the looks of it) is small enough to fit into my backack. This means it can go anywhere with me also. Still pretty dame portable if you ask me. I was never one to slip my MBR into my pocket, or anything like that, anyway.

I seriously cannot wait for the br800. At that price point, it seems well worth my money to get it. ;)

launched

Oh I would agree that the 600 is quite portable. But like I said, the MBR and all I need fits in a small bag, only needs two batteries, etc. The 800 is similar in size to the 600, 64 posted the dimensions for me on this thread somewhere.

If you miss your MBR that means you sold it after you got your 600? That's what's killing me about a possible upgrade. I wouldn't want to part with it, but would need to in order to swing it. It was a coin toss from the beginning whether I was going to get an MBR or a 600 in the first place.

If I had known about the drums at the time the 600 would probably have won the toss.
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover