suggestions for other items to create a mini recording studio

Started by smucarolina, August 13, 2008, 08:32:09 AM

just got the boss micro br...other things i might need list them here please. ;D

such as headphones...mics...monitors...what is your full micro br setup that you use to get the best result possible.

Oldrottenhead

my set up is ibud earphones a 6 pack of beers and some coke and brandy and the house to myself.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Blooby

If you are a guitarist, I would get the Boss octave pedal to emulate bass.  I love that thing.  Other than that, I agree with oldrottenhead for the most part, except I like to create in my purple crushed velour jumpsuit.  I believe you can still get them legally in some areas.

I assume that your acquisitions will take on a life of their own shortly.

Blooby.

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

ianjm

What you dont need is a woman around the house that insists on watching big brother!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'(

guitarron

Quote from: Blooby on August 13, 2008, 03:31:46 PMIf you are a guitarist, I would get the Boss octave pedal to emulate bass.

Blooby.
basses are getting much cheaper these days

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

alitivity

I have a cheap Dean (Bass), that works great for just playing around

Blooby

Quote from: guitarron on August 15, 2008, 04:57:20 PM
Quote from: Blooby on August 13, 2008, 03:31:46 PMIf you are a guitarist, I would get the Boss octave pedal to emulate bass.

Blooby.

basses are getting much cheaper these days

No argument here, but when traveling, the last thing I want to do is lug two cases around.  The BR and Boss both fit in the side pocket of a gig bag.

I mention the Boss specifically because it runs on batteries (or AC), again for portability's sake.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace to all.

Blooby

guitarron

agreed
i have used the bass sim in my br600 on vacation  and sounded okay-in a pinch it'll work

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand