Can't you see? - Jemima's Kite boys

Started by Flash Harry, March 20, 2010, 05:50:49 PM

Flash Harry

I should have compressed the bass line in hindsight, but that's the thing with this place, you learn so much all the time.

I didn't slap any of the bass line here, it's all just pop, I have callouses on the fingertips of my right hand these days too. I had the Great John in my mind from the time I popped that first hammer on.

I missed the mark by miles though.

We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 23, 2010, 03:59:04 AMI had the Great John in my mind from the time I popped that first hammer on.

I missed the mark by miles though.

I think you got a lot closer than I could ever get! I did have an urge to sing "Ever since I was a young boy" as soon as the bass came in. Mind you, you did a great job not just aping JE, you can feel the influence but it's still a unique bass line.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

I'm loving that bass line as well. At first it didn't stand out but the more I listen the more it just makes the track that much more appealing. I'm impressed with this one. An all around good song and recording.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Speed Demon

Cool song. It projects a relentless energy and strives for resolution.
I like it.

Nice work, guys.

Gene

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

SwanSong

EQuisite music. great rock n roll very contemporary
fabulous guitar work. simple but clean . great job.
enjoyed is very much......................take carE Neil

Frank53

The Kite, flying high! Man, what a great rocker! Yeah, love the bass work.

Well done, gents!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Ted

Flash: The Almighty Ox is smiling upon you.

I find that compression on bass subdues pops a bit too much (but it could be that I'm still not very skilled at using compression).

The second mix is great. Now Flash and ORH, you two should be satisfied and get out of Bosckoville.

Also: I want to note that we've made it to page two without, you know, any problems.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Rockatron

Super tune, rocking tune = wild uber production
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."

Tony W

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 21, 2010, 07:07:38 AM
Quote from: Geir on March 21, 2010, 03:57:13 AMstraight to πPod

You geek!

That was too funny to be geeky! Kick ass tune JK! I like it a lot! Great bass line on this one. Very well done song, and the production was fantastic.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

alfstone

Great rock'n'roll, well played, sung and produced, but I would set voice's volume a little higher...

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/