Tomorrow - Jemima's Kite original

Started by Flash Harry, March 16, 2010, 04:20:11 PM

Flash Harry

tomorrow 128kb
Time:
0:00
Volume:
It seems ages since we did anything, what with Tim being off planet somewhere and me being innundated by stuff at work.

Nagged by James, I have put a bit of bass to something that has been floating around for what feels like months, so I'm posting it. It's only 128Kb/s because of file size.

What's the betting that ORH has the first comment?  I think I'd give it odds of 5/9.

Anyway It's the Cheltenham Gold Cup this week. I'm not a betting man.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 16, 2010, 04:20:11 PMIt seems ages since we did anything,
Ahh finally !!!

This is great !! I needed a JK fix now !! This is the good stuff !! Jim in his JK voice, Tim the riffmeister and Mike's bass perfectly carrying the song forward.

Love it guys !!

QuoteWhat's the betting that ORH has the first comment?  I think I'd give it odds of 5/9.
Lesson : Never bet !!! ;D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Vanncad

Sounds great Flash!

This is a really catchy song guys. Ends a little abruptly though??

The production is top-notch as always.

??? Hey Flash - Do you plug your bass straight into the MBR or use an amp?

I have a really hard time getting decent bass sound by plugging straight into the br600. Your tone is nice and full and really stands out in the song. How do you do it?
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Oldrottenhead

flash i love you you have taken this to another level.

was sitting in anticipation knowing you where posting this but got distracted by other things,
anyway just as a postnote this was written the day pedro announced he was closing the site so that was playing heavily on my mind when i wrote the lyric, as usual the lrics came fast but the slow bass was well worth the wait. better ring greeny and tell him its done
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Quote from: Vanncad on March 16, 2010, 04:31:17 PM??? Hey Flash - Do you plug your bass straight into the MBR or use an amp?

I have a really hard time getting decent bass sound by plugging straight into the br600. Your tone is nice and full and really stands out in the song. How do you do it?

Sometimes I do, today I had it plugged into my mixer and I had fattened it up with a stereo chorus.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Oldrottenhead

just remembered big wooz that i am i was actually crying when i sang this.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

alfstone

I like it, the musical idea is well developed, although I agree with Vanncad, I would work someway on the ending. The overall sound is very good and "full", voice and instruments are well balanced.

Bravissimi!

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Ted

I love this song.  It starts out kind of hazy and comes into focus.  Then it shifts focus again and again (never in a jarring way) just when you think you know what you're looking at.

Flash: Do you worry that if you make the bass louder in the mix people will say, "Well, that's what happens when you let a bassist do the final mix?"

Well, Get over it!  Crank it up!

This time the bass is almost loud enough in the mix.  There's a dang bass solo at the 3:00 mark that you'll miss if you're not bass sensitive.

This is PiePod bound.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

QuoteFlash: Do you worry that if you make the bass louder in the mix people will say, "Well, that's what happens when you let a bassist do the final mix?"
he does, i know nigel ferryman will comment the bass is too low, i'm not a betting man but i'd put money on that.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Vanncad

Quotethis was written the day pedro announced he was closing the site so that was playing heavily on my mind when i wrote the lyric

That's heavy ORH. Thanks for the insight. I like hearing about the inspirations and backgrounds of people's lyrics.

Thanks for the bass info too Flash!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover