2 beers past the blues

Started by PhilFromIT, August 09, 2008, 06:04:46 PM

alitivity

Well I dont actually record with an MBR, I use protools, but I wouldnt mind playing with some vocals for this. Not sure if you meant it to be an instrumental, but the groove definately solicites Vocals.  I actually came to this site after seeing things about Nevermet. Since I am the Vocalist for the Virtual Metal band Nevermet, it struck my curiosity. I have enjoyed listening to the songs people post here, and I like the different styles that people bring to the table. If you are interested, let me know. If you want to hear some of my stuff, you can check it out at www.aldiamondphillips.com

TJay

That song is just begging for some vocals! Great song! Sounds a little like the 70's group "Stealers Wheel".

TJay

PhilFromIT

Quote from: alitivity on August 12, 2008, 10:39:59 PMWell I dont actually record with an MBR, I use protools, but I wouldnt mind playing with some vocals for this. Not sure if you meant it to be an instrumental, but the groove definately solicites Vocals.  I actually came to this site after seeing things about Nevermet. Since I am the Vocalist for the Virtual Metal band Nevermet, it struck my curiosity. I have enjoyed listening to the songs people post here, and I like the different styles that people bring to the table. If you are interested, let me know. If you want to hear some of my stuff, you can check it out at www.aldiamondphillips.com

You are correct, I really didn't intend this to be instrumental but I don't have a very good voice. Feel free to add some vocals, I'd love to hear it!

I'll check you your website too.

-Phil

PhilFromIT

Quote from: TJay on August 13, 2008, 07:09:13 AMThat song is just begging for some vocals! Great song! Sounds a little like the 70's group "Stealers Wheel".

TJay

Thanks TJay I apreciate the comment!

alitivity

Okay, I'll play around with it this weekend, since I have the weekend off for a change. Should be fun!

alitivity

Sent you a copy of what I did today, but I cant figure out how to put it up here. If anyone can tell me how to post a song, I will slap it up ;D

alitivity

Two Beers Past the Blues 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Okay, figured it out. Here it is.

I had a little bit of time today, so I jotted down some lyrics and read them off while recording the track. Its nothing fancy, just my initial thoughts for the song.

PhilFromIT

Great job Alitivity, Thanks for adding to my humble work! This really makes the song complete in my opinion!

I really like your voice btw. Has that bluesy edge to it.

-Phil

SteveG

Wow!! That's a quick take? To say I am impressed would be an understatement, bloody good work there mate. Loved the lyrics, and your voice is phenomenal. Hope you stick around and do more!

alitivity

I'll be around, Since I've gotten older, and cant run around on the road like the old days, the computer has become my trusted companion for meeting new musicians and making music. I like the different styles I find here, and cant wait to try some different things. Its hard being a Metal God all the time ;D