micro br wave converter

Started by epiphoneplaya, August 08, 2008, 10:06:27 AM

What is the micro br wave converter download. How does  this program differ from the export program installed on the micro br? I have always exported each track to my pc and inserted into either Audacity or Guitar Tracks with no problem. Could someone tell me what I might be missing here?

Indiana

It gives you direct access to all tracks, including the virtual tracks.  You don't have to load a file into the mp3 folder, then convert it to song data. Also the other way around; you can export a track direct to a wav file. You can select which track(s) you want to export/import using the graphical interface and a mouse click. Since the program is running on the pc, it seems to process faster than the MBR itself does.

Check here under the 'features' tab for expanded explanation:
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?dsection=d_downloads&ObjectId=699

I don't think it mentions the Micro BR specifically but it does work. The program shows 8 tracks, but of course the MBR uses only the first 4.

(just my two cents  ;D )
<><

64Guitars

If your memory card is full, you can't export directly from the Micro BR because it needs sufficient space on the memory card to store the resulting wave file. But with the BR Wave Converter program, this isn't an issue as it builds the wave file on your computer's hard drive. So, you can use the BR Wave Converter even when your memory card is 100% full. If you're using a 1GB card, this might not be an issue for you and exporting directly from the Micro BR will work just fine most of the time. However, for those people whose Micro BR came with a 128MB card and they haven't yet purchased a larger card, exporting directly from the Micro BR often isn't possible due to lack of space on the card, and the BR Wave Converter is the only practical way to convert tracks to wave files.

With the Micro BR, you can only export one wave file at a time. But with the BR Wave converter, you can select up to 32 v-tracks (64 v-tracks if you're using a BR-600 or other 8-track BR) and it will batch process them to create as many files as needed. This is especially useful if you want to mix your tracks on the computer using Audacity or some other DAW. For example, if you record 10 mono v-tracks on the Micro BR, you can use the BR Wave Converter to create 10 individual wave files in a single batch operation. You can then load those 10 files into your DAW as individual tracks and mix them in the DAW.

Most modern computers can perform the BR-to-wave conversion much faster than the BR can. This, combined with the batch capability, will save you a lot of time when you want to convert a bunch of tracks.

Most people find the BR Wave Converter's graphic interface a lot more intuitive to use than the Micro BR's restricted interface and small display.

The BR Wave Converter can work directly with the Micro BR via USB, or it can work with a BR memory card in a card reader attached to your computer (no BR necessary). So, for example, if you have several memory cards and you want to convert some tracks from a card that isn't currently in your Micro BR, you can simply insert the card into a card reader and use the BR Wave Converter to convert any of the tracks. It is also possible to convert tracks from a BR backup saved on your computer's hard drive or some other storage media (CD/DVD, USB memory stick, etc.) The easiest way to do this is with my BR Explorer program which you can download for free from my website. Otherwise, you'd need to create a virtual drive using the DOS SUBST command, or copy all of the files from the backup to a ROLAND folder in the root directory of your hard drive. BR Explorer will automatically create a virtual drive for you, then launch the BR Wave Converter program with the virtual drive already selected. So it's very easy to convert tracks from a backup.

It's good that you know how to export tracks directly from the Micro BR because there may be times when you don't have access to BR Wave Converter and converting directly will be the only option. But I'm sure you'll prefer to use the BR Wave Converter whenever possible. So download it, install it, and give it a try. I'm sure you'll like it once you've learned how to use it (don't worry - it's easy).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SteveG

Now that's what I call a detailed answer!! I find myself using the converter more and more lately, mixing and mastering using Audition and Ozone. The MBR was (and is) a brilliant tool for mastering when I had even less idea than I do now, as it will do all the hard work for you and give instant good results! But I am getting much better results this way. Will eventually get another (faster) laptop and work direct I guess. The MBR will still be an essential tool though and will always have a place in my guitar case. (With 4 kids running round the portability is essential!!!!!)

What Epiphone you got mate? I have a Korean SG, and I love it!

Thanks 64guitars... that really cleared things for me. I use a 1gb card. I usually dump my card to my pc  and refill it. Its does take a while for micbr to export tracks even bounced ones. I'll certianly give the coverter a try. again thanx for the clarity.

epiphone joe pass with round wound chrome 11's