Conflict & Resolution

Started by Tangled Wires, February 24, 2010, 02:19:11 PM

Tangled Wires

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

This will hopefully not be our last song ever posted on here, but if it is we just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time and trouble to comment and support our music over the past year or so. As I have said before, we would not have been making this music if it wasn't for this site and the amazing people who both created it and supported it.

This song came about from some lyrics that Sasha presented to me a week or so ago and asked me to turn it into a song. Once I came up with the structure of it, I then sang some guide vocals as a demo. Long and short of it is she loved it, but could sing it a lot better than I could so took my vocal melody and adapted it where necessary and gave it the vocal it deserved!

Anyway, enough waffle...here it is....

[soundclick]8806597[/soundclick]

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

Exceptional...beauty, passion and subtlety. Wonderful sparse arrangement...the strings are ripping my heart out...in a good way. I love this track!

Bluesberry

That vocal just cuts right through the middle, it is wonderful.  The guitar strumming on either side frames it, then when the strings come in, well what can I say, I too am picking my ripped out heart off the floor (in a good way too).  This is very professional sounding, and a real fine song.  You two should be proud of this one, its the deal.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Gary F

An appropriate and timely song Andrew.Very nice!! You both should be very proud of this!
Great songwriting !! Beautifully played and sang !!!

Gary

Satchwood

Fantastic song Andrew and Sasha!!  Superb music and singing - very beautifully written and sung!  Wow!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

launched

I listened to this one quite a few times - I like it a lot.

Very creative, moody and well produced song. The playing and Sasha's vox are amazing.

I'm glad this won't be your last song here!!  ;)

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

IanR

I really love this song. 

I also love the way you put it together.  The way you layered the different trascks and brought the instruments in at different times creates a great effect.  I know thats an old trick but I reckon its not as easy to do as it might seem.  Well beyond my "producer" skills anyway.  You are inspirational.

Well done.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

OsCKilO

Andrew, Sasha

This just Sounds Soooo Pro.....

There is a Brilliance of your Performances that is always Present!

And Such a Superb Song (As always!!!!)

Five Stars! *****

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Tangled Wires

Thanks for all the great comments, the "strings" were again courtesy of the Yamaha keyboard....but one day when we are rich and famous(?) we will record this with a real string section!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

hopefully the last before the next one and the next one after that beautiful
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann