"Unplugged Fest" - "Damefugl" a Norwegian version of Jemima's Kite's Ladybird

Started by Geir, February 21, 2010, 02:12:13 PM

Geir

Geir - Damefugl (JK cover)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

after brushing of some boskoswartzisis I'm finally ready to post my 3rd JK song on this fest. I wasn't really planning on doing any more, but got a challenge on trying to translate one of JK's song to Norwegian. Those of you who know me know I can't say no to one so .... here it is.

I must say that translating is not as easy as one might think, and I was very unsure about the result at first, but after my teenage daughter (who also is a great songwriter) approved I lowered my shoulders.

This is "Damefugl"

Those of you not familiar with the JK catalog should really check it out, .. lots of good stuff!!

Jeg veit om en liten damefugl
hu har fregner som sola bringer
hu fletter seg en blomsterkrans
på gravplassen i skumringen

så fly hjem min fugl
for huset ditt er i brann
... og kjærligheta er blåst

så fly hjem min fugl

kanskje jeg fanger deg i morra ....
kanskje jeg fanger deg

Jeg veit om en liten damefugl
hennes vinger kan ikke sees
men hu kan nå den høye sky
i Jemimas varme luftballong

så fly hjem min fugl

så fly hjem min fugl

kanskje jeg fanger deg
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

ive been dying to hear this, the two other jemima's kite songs geir did i sent to my best friend tom, he said all you need now is someone to cover one of the songs in another language, so i sent his response to geir, he gladly took the baton, i have listened to snippets of this as a work in progress each new mix a wonder to my ears, this mix is fmgwabp braw. geir i love you big fella.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

So good I can't take it all in at once.  I will just listen in wonder for now, maybe in a few days, after I have listened a few dozen more times I will have a more constructive comment.  For now, just listen...  

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Wow! I like this better than the original, and that's really saying something because I'm a big Jemima's Kite fan and I love the original! That acoustic lead guitar solo is great, as is the rhythm guitar, vocals, ... everything.

Well done, Geir!  And bravo to Jim, Tim, and Mike for creating such a great song that has inspired our Norwegian friend to record this masterpiece.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

launched

Dude - Freakin' sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!! I've listened to this three times already.

The vocal harmonies were perfectly blended. I love that low voice! It takes lots of tracks and many hours of slaving away to make a great song like this on the MBR. My hat is off to you.

For those that don't have an MBR, 40-50 tracks and countless bouncing ain't easy on one of those things. This song is about as good as it gets - You have raised the benchmark, G!

Beautiful!!

Mark

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

My first thoughts Were :-

"F*ck me!!!!  This is Amazing!!!"

Second Thoughts:-

"yep... Still Amazing......!"

Plus, the Concept behind this has me in Awe!!!

Your Language Sounds Great!!  So many Vowel Sounds!
The songs Sounds really Hearty and Wholesome!

The Guitars are superb!!!!

Impressive Licks Bro!

I'm in Love with it!

Seems a bit short though....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Rickocaster

Great job all the way around. Wonderful guitar tone. Great balance, great voice, the whole package. Thanks Geir! 
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Saijinn Maas

:o This is amazingly good G! Everything sounds perfect! From the sound of the guitars, right down to the mix. You never cease to amaze me in your talent. You always inspire me to try harder every time I record something!

*bow to the master of the shiny silver box*

lg

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Satchwood

Great cover Geir - Wow!!  It's got that Knopfler Norwegian vibe, except you sing better than him!  Luv the solo too - everything sounds great!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)