Religion and Forum Continuity Do Not Mix

Started by Tony W, February 17, 2010, 08:05:40 AM

Ted

Quote from: Halem on February 19, 2010, 02:07:09 AMWhat Would Captain Kirk Do?

He'd post boobs--green boobs--on any forum he pleased.  Prime Directive be damned.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on February 19, 2010, 10:39:25 AM

Yes, great point, Dave. Seems like that was what the thread was all about sadly enough.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Rickocaster

Quote from: Saijinn Maas on February 17, 2010, 12:45:49 PMI don't think you can tell someone what they CAN or CANNOT post unless it is something that is GENERALLY consider vulgar or inappropriate.

This site is pretty much self regulating as far as what people what to listen to. Subjects that people are just not interested as a whole, find themselves off the main page and into "old post hell" fairly quickly here. But if someone is religious and it is through that faith that they explore music, then I would understand that most, if not all, their music is going to be religious based. They have a right to that. With all my problems against religion, I can still listen to a piece of music for what it is and the sheer talent it took to make it.

I completely agree with everything he said, which is pretty interesting considerintheismtheism and my concervative Christianity. To me, it's all about respect. I can appreciate your art even if I don't agree with your beliefs, and I hope you all would do the same for me. What would the world be like if we had censored Bach? There would be no "Ode to Joy". Or Beethovan? There would be no 9th Symphony. Art is the conduit of self expression. I would applauded deleting a post that attacks anyone, but not if someone is sharing what inspires them. 

http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Rickocaster

Sorry for the typos. Fat fingers and iPhones are a bad combo.

Rolow

Well said Rick.  Freedom of faith and expression through music.  All within the fairminded bounds of community, or as Saijinn indicated, that which is "generally considered" appropriate.
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

Rickocaster

Quote from: Ted on February 17, 2010, 09:00:08 PMI'd like the policy be this: Say it in a song--and don't hold back.  If the song offends you, respond with a song. But if you want to start a text-based holy war, go elsewhere.

Good point, Ted. After all, this site is named "SongCrafters", not "DebateCrafters". 

Tell you what I'll do.  Since my songs are sometimes inspired by my beliefs, I'll restrict my text to a brief description - only as needed give clarity. If I have a desire to be more descriptive, I'll post a link to my blog and let others go there if they want to read the deeper story. On this site, I'll keep focused on the music.

How's that sound 64?

Tony W

Rick, this thead was never created with you in mind as you have never crossed the lines of consideration while posting.  I'm assuming the ones who did inspire this thread surely didn't read it.  As for my content in this thread I'm unapologetic, I was taken both at my written word, and out of context, but that's life on a forum.

For all those Religious people out there who live their life according to their beliefs and witness through their lifestyle. I admire you. The ones who push their religion like a used car salesmen..... I don't appreciate it. By the way did you see this post?

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=6280.msg79772#msg79772

It was my favorite post in the thread. I kinda wish I had never started the thread. On second thought I definitely wish I had never started this thread.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR